Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Road Trip

So, I had to steal this pictures off of my sisters blog, because they were cute AND I didn't have any because I was driving! =)

I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!!!! I have very fond memories as a kid driving in our car all over the country. At times it was boring and I couldn't stand the thought of spending that much time with my sisters in such an enclosed area, but I did REALLY love it. And I still do!!!!

Karlee drove with me from my parents house (Louisiana) back up to Kansas. All in all a 14+ hour trip. I know, it is a long time, but I have to give the kids props! They were VERY good the entire trip (especially since Karlee and I made the executive decision to NOT put Rylee and Sophie sitting next to each other). That definitely helped ease the teasing, touching, spitting, yelling, fighting, hitting, licking, stealing of blankets or pillows, etc.



Now, I don't know if any of your family trips are like ours, but when I travel with Chad, it is a time crunch for everything. Every time we stop it's, "Okay, you take the girls to the bathroom, I'll change Charlie's diaper and go through the drive through to get food. Then you come out, divide out the good while I go to the bathroom, then we'll go get gas and be on the road again...." (saying it as fast as possible as to not loose any time explaining it either) =) THEN if we did take longer than expected he'll say, "Alright, alright, that was okay, but it did take a little longer than planned, we'll have to make up some time and try not to linger to long at our next stop." SOOOOOOOO how it is every time we travel together.



BUT when I travel by myself, or with Karlee this particular time, it was nice because we weren't rushed at all. It was nice to take our time and enjoy the route!



Here are the kiddos all cozy in the car, gearing up for our many adventures that are awaiting us.
When I got tired, I would let Charlie drive........
Boston, chillin' while watching a movie........
Karlee snapped this shot of Sophie and Boston holding hands.....
We stopped in Graceland to see Elvis' house and plane...........
And left our mark on the wall. The girls thought we were a couple of weirdo's writing on somebodies wall. It was a lot of fun!
Here is a shot of the "Kings" house......



It was a really fun road trip! Karlee and I even played the all popular license plate game and wrote down the different ones we saw on a napkin we had from Sonic. We ended up finding 38 DIFFERENT license plates on our drive. It kept us awake and laughing. Thank you Karlee for the fun and memorable times.... And if I can find that napkin in my car (which I'm sure Chad threw away by now) I will list all the different plates we found. Isn't that awesome!!!!

4 comments:

Karlee said...

He can NOT throw that away! That list is PRICELESS!!!!!! It's our ONLY PROOF!

Chiara said...

hahaha - i think Bill and Chad must be related....because Bill is the same way about road trips. Oh wait...they ARE related....it's called they are MALE!!

theolsonfamily said...

You guys are so fun! WE are totally going to come and kidnap you! it will be a girls day of fun!

Jeanette said...

WOW, you're simply amazing! That is so cool that you took that road trip. I love it. Man, it looks like you guys are having an awesome summer! HOw funny, we were at the same golf course for the 4th, next year, if you're there, we should meet up. I'm sure the kids would love it. We are in Washington for the next few weeks, but we'll definitely have to get together after. Thanks for all you fun posts. Oh, and I love how you put the difference driving with men and not. I second ALL of that! haha Except mine is a little more impatient than yours it sounds like. ;)