Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Annual Zoo Trip

We have got some really good friends here who really enjoy getting out of the house and planning some fun things for our kiddos. Which I love! I'm a very spontaneous person and I am always up for an adventure!
I'm sort of doing this out of order, because we went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago and THEN we went berry picking the next week. But whatever. In between the extra fun time with friends, the girls have been enjoying swim lessons and swimming at least 4 times a week with dad and/or friends. It's been a really enjoyable summer.

Anyway, back to our zoo trip. The Kansas City Zoo is not my favorite. It definitely takes alot to talk me into going. But we sent out an email to our friends and decided on a day to go. Well only me and one of my other friends ended up coming. Which was fine, although we did miss the rest of you! =D The weather was perfect! There's nothing better than going to the zoo with perfect weather. We at lunch by the giraffes and zebras, watched the seal lion show, rode the carousel, the train, and the tran--which broke down on us on our way back. Yeah, fun times! Thanks Melissa for the fun-filled 5 hours of entrainment and adventures! You're the best!

If I were an animal, I would DEFINITELY be a hippopotamus! Who wouldn't?!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am the best? NO! (well ok maybe) But YOU are the one who is making me stick to the plans! And we're SO glad you are! Can't wait till Friday!

Karlee said...

Well, well...look how tan your kids are getting! You must be happy about that!