Sunday, July 26, 2009

I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!

Yesterday I cleaned the sheets on our bed. So, Chad and I had pulled our down comforter and quilt towards the end of the bed so we could re-make our bed. Rylee and Sophie came upstairs and started playing in the quilt like it was there bed. Something happened which apparently caused Sophie to stand up and land on Rylee with her knees..........

Rylee: crying, "Mom, Sophie just landed on my back! It is really hurting!"
Chad: "Sophie, why did you do that, look how sad your sister is..."
Sophie: "IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!"
Me: "It was? What did you do?"
Sophie: "But Rylee stole the blanket and so I was standing up and jumped on her with my knees."
Chad: "Well, then, that's not accident."
Sophie: "Yes it was."
Chad and Me: "No, it wasn't Sophie."
Sophie: "Well I WANT it to be an accident."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this one......

Sophie went #2 today on the toilet and....

Sophie: "MOM! Wipe me please!"
Came in, did my motherly duties, and as I was walking out of the bathroom I heard this......
Sophie: "I'm gonna flush you guys down the toilet, okay?"
------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading the The Friend today to the girls and we were reading the part about how President Monson's birthday will be here next month. And how last year on his birthday all he wanted for his birthday was for each of us to do an act of service.

Rylee: "What did he want?"
Me: "President Monson asked all of us to do an act of service for his birthday instead of birthday presents. Isn't that neat?"
Rylee: "Um, that's kind of silly."
Me: "Why is that silly?"
Rylee: "Well, I know that I would WAY rather presents."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls were down in there playroom and Sophie came upstairs while I was on the couch reading and she started singing this Sleeping Beauty song quite loudly...................

Sophie: "I KNOW YOU, I WALKED........" stopped because I don't think she knew the rest
Me: "I walked with you once upon a dream.... I KNOW YOU....." then being interupted with this....
Sophie: "SHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom, stop."
Me: "Sophie that hurt my feelings."
Sophie: "Well, Mom, I just wanted to have the attention."

4 comments:

Chiara said...

hahaha - Classic! I love it! Motherhood IS a very entertaining job...that's for sure!

Karlee said...

OHHHH I LOVE your girls!!! Seriously, they are comic relief!! Do you think Boston will keep me entertained like your kids do for you?! If not, can your's come live with me?

Katie said...

I am DYING right now! Sophie is SUCH a crack up..I love her comments! We love and miss you guys!

AmyB said...

So funny.