Monday, February 2, 2009

What We've Been Up To

Rylee had a friend over to play on Friday. And she is pretty much at the stage where she doesn't love having her little sister around. So there were several times when Sophie would come running upstairs very upset because her sister wasn't including her. Finally the last time she came up, I asked her what I could do to help make her feel better, while her face is buried in my lap. She didn't know. I said to her, "What if we go to Target tonight and let you pick out any puzzle you want?!" This little girls face lit up like the Fourth of July! She loves puzzles.
So, last Friday evening we to the store and she picked out, yet another hello kitty puzzle. And I had to get a Fancy Nancy one as well (I love her)!
So Saturday morning while Chad was on the temple trip, Sophie spent the next 3 hours after breakfast (with breaks in between) putting together her puzzles. She's obsessed! You think something is wrong with the child when you have to say, "Sophie please be nice to your sister or you won't be able to do any puzzles today." =)

Here she is with her completed puzzles. Happy as a lark. The funny thing is, is when Rylee has friends over she doesn't want to pay any attention to her younger sister, but when Sophie is busy doing her puzzles, Rylee is over BEGGING Sophie to come and play with her and Sophie says, "In a minute, I'm doing my puzzle."Here is Charlie with his new dinosaur plate, the first of many serving ware to come.

Here is Charlie in his sisters stroller again. He loves it! And Rylee loves having "her baby" in there to push as well.
Sophie was pushing her "babies" around as well. Hehe. She cracks me up.

The other day Sophie said to me, "Mom, I know what neems plus two.......plus four!"
Translation:
"Mom, I know what means 2+2....it's four"
Sophie loves to play with Charlie's toys and then make a wall around herself so Charlie can't get in. Isn't she great?

3 comments:

Karlee said...

Thank you for your posts! They made me day! It probably gets annoying reading all of my novel long comments but oh well, deal with it! Thank you for saying, "Happy as a lark." Who says that?!?! I died laughing! You're funny! Also, the first picture of Charlie in the stroller I was thinking #1 how much he really looks like his auntie karlee and #2 how much I LOVE his hair...then I looked at pic #2 in the stroller and his hair is a LITTLE crazy once blown up! But Sophie's hair is ADORABLE in the pic with the stroller!!! Oh, and what's with those carrots? Does her auntie need to send her a babydoll? Lastly, I LOVE hearing Sophie's random acts of innocent meanness! Her blocking herself in so Charlie can't get in? Seriously? Now that's HILARIOUS!

Mandy said...

That is too funny! They each have such cute personalities! Now, if only I can get my children into puzzles, then I'd be set. :)

Mom said...

Glad you finally got some posts done. Love seeing the updates of the kids and how they are growing. Charlie looks so handsome in his little blue/white pinstripe shirt!