Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dinner-time At Our House

I look foward to dinner. It's my favorite time of the day. There's something very cozy about sitting down to eat a peaceful dinner together all gathered around a dinner table with a warm, good smelling meal awaiting you at the table, talking about each others day, laughing, and enjoying eachothers company, while the beautiful snow is falling right outside your kitchen window. YEAH RIGHT!!!
I wish dinner was that picture perfect. I DO look foward to dinner time, because I enjoy cooking a meal for my family to eat together. BUT on most evenings it's so not that picture perfect! Mom is tired, Dad's not home yet, girls are hungry--tired--bored--fighting--pushing--teasing, and Charlie is hungry--crying--hungry--and yes, crying.

So.....as your picturing my children running around my house screaming and teasing eachother, Charlie crying at my feet, Chad not quite home yet, and a mother in the kitchen trying to get food ready as fast as she can, I've got some pictures for you to enjoy......
Charlie in his high chair with a "If I don't get dinner soon, I'm going to eat my hand" look.

I don't know why Rylee is so happy. About 5 minutes ago, she was whining because I wouldn't give her a cookie.

Sophie sitting in time-out for something she was doing to her sister.

Is my house the only one like this at dinner time?

7 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

I don't have the older 2, but I do have the screaming baby at my feet =). No matter when I start or what it is, Ashlynn will stop doing whatever she is doing and want me to hold her at that exact moment, and she means business! Dinner is so fun =)!

Katie said...

Are you kidding me?! Haha..same thing goes at my house, except spencer is EATING with his hands (no utensils--too slow!) and wiping it all over the table or me or himself..all the while yelling ridiculous things like "poopie"...while livi is sitting there very nice and calm (most of the time) and eating whatever we place in front of her...I'm glad I have her at the table..it makes up for the Spencer issues!! :)

Mom said...

That's why I call this time of day the "ARSENIC" hours! Sometimes we wonder how we'll ever get through it and get everyone to bed. Hang in there Moms. There are days when we can laugh about these moments...not a lot of them...but a few! And oh the memories...

theolsonfamily said...

Our house is the same way! every night at about 5:oo I'm about to through the towel in! I say it every time, but your kids are soooooo cute! I love your dinner link, everything looks fantastic! I'm going to try some out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Larson's said...

That cracks me up! Dinner at our house is never picture perfect and sometimes takeout is the way to go :)! At least we try right??!!

Ivy & Mae said...

Sophie is awesome! I love that look on her face!

This is how our house used to be. Now I just put out cereal bowls and boxes of cereal.

Well not all the time, but yeah you aren't alone and at least you make a meal every night!

Karlee said...

That is a picture to cherish of Sophie! That girl is HILARIOUS!!!! That face=PRICELESS!! Oh that joys of many children! I can barely make dinner with ONE...Kristin WHAT WILL I DO?!?