Monday, February 2, 2009

Music Concert

I started noticing, after looking at my blog, that the last several post have been all about Sophie. Well, it's Rylee's turn.
Anyone who knows Rylee, knows that she has a love for music. She loves to listen to it, sing it, and watch it! My mother has an amazing singing voice and Rylee is always in awe at how well Mimi can sing. One time she told my mom, "Mimi, you and me are the only ones with beautiful opera voices, aren't we?" Too cute.

Well, last Thursday was Rylee's music concert. Once a week the two kindergarten classes go to the music room to learn about music, instruments and to learn songs. Well, we were very fortunate enough to have them share with us what they have been learning this year.
It was so fun to see Rylee up there singing. She was so excited. She kept telling us over and over again that she gets to play on the xylophone!
It was fun to be able to go see her performance. She did a great job, as well as all the other children in her class. And now she wants to start taking piano lessons! So fun! But how do you tell your daughter that she can't play piano if WE don't have a piano to practice on?

Any suggestions as to help me fulfill this little girls dream?

Rylee and Sophie with their dear friends Anna and Izzie.

4 comments:

The Warren Family said...

You're adorable Rylee! No need to have a piano, just start her on a keyboard. Seriously! That's what I was told to do!

Karlee said...

I love me some Rylee! I wish I could've been there to hear her wonderful singing! Personally, I think her and mimi ARE the only ones with beautiful opera voices!! By the way, where is that video you said you took during the program...I want to hear the struggle to stay sane while trying to control Sophie during the program...

Ivy & Mae said...

I took Piano lessons in college. I played on a really basic keyboard. I think my mom bought it at a LDS distrubition center (they use keyboards in some branches that don't have big buildings (etc) for not that much. Check craigslist for nice keyboards to learn on.

Honestly, I suggest a keyboard before you make a BIG investment in a piano anyway.

I am considering putting Isaac in lessons too...if you want any 411 through my research email me. I have tons of very talented musical friends who've given me dos and donts.

Mom said...

So proud of our little Rylee. Just keep encouraging her love of music. Maybe we'll have a musician in the second generation! Yes, I was going to mention a keyboard as well...it is easy to move and maintain. At least until you can buy a piano, if she is still interested. Wish I could have been there to hear her concert. Perhaps Mimi and Rylee will sing a song together someday!