Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes.....

We were driving in the car the other day and there was a police car driving next to us. They had a passenger in the back seat and this was the conversation I had with Rylee.....

Rylee: "Mom, look! They're taking that man to JAIL!"

Mom: "Oh, really?"

Rylee: "Yeah, and it's a black man." "He probably just wasn't wearing his seatbelt or something."

4 comments:

Karlee said...

So you have a racist child....

Laura Campbell said...

So hilarious! I have a racist child too, probably shouldn't be sharing this story, but we were at Burger King one day and my 4 year old son went in to the indoor play area for a few minutes, then came back into the restaurant. I said, "Trevor, you're done playing already?" and he said, "Yeah, there's too many black people in there." I swear my husband and I are not the least bit racist, so it's not like he hear's us say stuff. Anyway, I had a good laugh, (inside), and I explained to him why that wasn't an appropriate thing to say. :-)

Susannah said...

Ahhh... to be that innocent. I love that the only thing she thought of was a seat belt.

Katie said...

Bahaha!! Oh, how I LOVE Rylee..too funny!