Monday, February 2, 2009

She's Graduated

After consistently working on 100 piece puzzles almost everyday for the past month, Sophie has finally graduated to the next level.
For family home evening tonight, Chad thought it would be fun to work on a 1,000 piece puzzle together. My thoughts were, 'So fun, (great, we're going to be up all night)', but all in all, a great idea.
Well we got to Target and decided against the monster of a puzzle and decided to get a Disney puzzle that had 2-500 piece, 2-300 piece, and 4-150 piece puzzles for only $13.99!!! SOLD!

We got home, started the puzzle around 7:00 pm (the girls picked the Sleeping Beauty 300 piece puzzle). After about 20 minutes, Rylee had put a fork in it----she was done. So we went upstairs and started to read books and put her to bed. When I came downstairs Chad and Sophie were really close to done. I sat down and helped them finish. Finally around 8:40 we were finished! Sophie was so proud!
It's so great to see how excited she gets about things like this. She's extremely smart, loves to learn and has such a charismatic personality.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Good for her! She IS so smart and funny..we miss her!

The Warren Family said...

Go Sophie! That's amazing. I don't think I could even do that puzzle! You are such a good mom to allow puzzles in your house. I'm pretty sure I threw all of ours away. Too messy. Guess I just need Sophie to come visit!

Karlee said...

I want to build I puzzle with her...wait, do you build a puzzle? How would you say that...ANYWAY! She's adorable and I think it's time we lived closer together!

Mom said...

Looks like we'll have an engineer in the family. HA! Those are very special skills, Sophie. Congratulations on sticking with the task and concentrating so hard!
We'll have to get all the puzzles down from the closet and complete them when you come to visit next.