Last Saturday (July 26th) Deanna Rose was sponsoring a children's run. The girls were excited to race, because they see their mommy on the treadmill and they always want to "exercise" as well. So this activity was right up their alley.
The 3 year olds were to run 1/8 of a mile and the 5 year olds were to run 1/4 of a mile. It had been really nice all week, but when we arrived at the Farmstead at 8 am, it was already 90 degrees, I swear! They had all these carnival games for the kids to play, music, water, chocoloate milk and yogurt.
Then they took turns for all the races. First the girls would run in each age group, and then the boys would have their turn. Each child that ran each got a metal, a bag of goodies, and a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
Here is Sophie getting ready for her race. She was so quick, that I didn't even get a picture of her running. Not only was she too quick for her mama, but she also got 3rd place!!! Great job Soph.
And here is Rylee running her little heart out. 1/4 mile is pretty long for a 5 year old.....
Eating their Krispy Kremes after a long race......
Here is Sophie with her 3rd place trophy.....
Rylee played this ring toss game 4 times until she won the purple drink....she was really happy about her "trophy" too...as she would call it.
Who are those wierdos with those cute kids???.....
After the race the Evans invited us to go swimming at the gym they go to. It was great way to cool down. Thanks ya'll for a fun-filled day!
Rylee going down the water slide....before and after.....
Although in a life jacket and in a foot of water, she still looks like she's drowning.......=)
4 comments:
I'm dying here...this is SOOO CUTE!! Your girls are adorable running their little hearts out...and let me just say that the family pictures is FABULOUS!! Love it!
Look at how hard those girls worked! How great is that! Look at Sophie getting 3rd place! I think the running is in her genes! By the way I LOVE that they gave them krispy cremes after the race! SO HEALTHY! HA! I'm also VERY proud of you for getting a family photo...you should keep doing more of that! Y'all look like a fabulous looking family!
Too cute1 and no biggie about the video it turned out awesome and the party was a blast. Miss you!
OH MY GOSH I LOVE THESE PICTURES! I'm so glad you posted this! I just still can't believe they got to run in a race...I think it's the cutest thing ever! Sophie is so quick and she won 3rd place! WOW! GO SOPH! And I love the picture of Rylee and her "trophy"...she's lovin that purple drink there! GO RYLEE! Rylee looks like she's runnin pretty fast too! I know she was running her heart out! I love these girls! And the funniest things...the signs on their backs that have the numbers on them are so big it's hilarious. Cause usually they are so small on the adult runners but they huge on the girls backs! AND the other funny thing...they gave them Krispy Kreme donuts after a long run...how funny! I don't think you would really see that at a real iron man race...Krispy Kremes are definately promoting good health :) HAHA! And I'm sure little Charlie was cheering his little sisters on. :)
Post a Comment