Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week of Surprises--Tuesday and Wednesday

GREAT WOLF LODGE

What a fantastic place to go.  Great Wolf Lodge is about 25 minutes away and the kids had no idea where we were going.  We have never been to The Great Wolf before and so Chad and I were just as excited as the kids were when we pulled up.  I actually think I lost hearing in my left ear from the screaming response in the car.

All we did was swim, go down slides, swim, lazy river, swim, swim and swim.  It was a blast!!!




The girls LOVED the falling bucket of water.



Charlie and I pretty much hung out in the kiddie pool:

Outdoor fun as well.  The girls had fun swimming around and playing some basketball with their daddy, while Charlie and I hung out in the shallow areas of the pool.


Chad thought it would be fun to take Charlie underneath the "Niagra Falls".  Well, Charlie didn't like it too much.  Can you spot them?  He was SO done after that experience and WOULD NOT leave that kiddie pool for anything!




After an evening of swimming, we went and got some food, came back to our room and the kids watch Night at the Museum in their "room" until they fell asleep (which didn't take long).




The next morning we drove across the street, at some delicious buttermilk pancakes from IHOP and then headed back to swim for the rest of the day!!!





They literally swam all.day.long.  We ate breakfast and started swimming around 10 am and finally left the hotel around 6 pm due to a brewing thunderstorm headed in our direction.  Again, the kids (and the parents), were exhausted.  What a fun fun couple of days though.  I don't think I've ever seen my kids happier.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That place looks like so much fun! And it's even better cause it's close. You have been busy with all these postings! The kids look like they had a great time. Love Charlie's facial expressions!!