Thursday, November 10, 2011

Puddles

Soooo......sometimes I feel like I'm not always a "fun" mom.  One day we had gotten back from picking up Sophie from school.  We had a great big puddle in front of our garage door from the rainfall the day before.  I thought nothing of it.

I few minutes later, I had called a friend of mine and she said that her boys were outside splashing in the puddles.  I thought, "Wow, now THAT is a good mom.  Letting her kids be kids without stressing about them getting wet and dirty."

So, I figured I should let me children enjoy jumping in puddles as well. 

It was so funny to see Sophie's reaction once we had gone outside.  She was standing there staring at me and I said to her, "Sophie, go ahead, jump in the puddles."  She said to me, "Really?  Can I really?"

She first started off very carefully, afraid to get herself wet.  Probably for fear she would get scolded by her her "non-fun mama". 

Then I told her that she wasn't even doing her very biggest puddle jumping and that I wanted her and Charlie to show me their very BEST puddle jump.

And away they went.  I couldn't stop them after that.  We all had so much fun!

I am grateful for puddles.

No comments: