Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spring Breakin' 2011 (Part 5)

When we finished our Church History tour, we drove to our dear friends home on St. Patrick's Day.  Katie was SO creative and made a FABULOUS all green dinner.  It was delicious, I wish I would have remembered to take a picture!  Afterwards, we let the kiddos go outside and play in the MASSIVE backyard.  It was beautiful outside that evening.  They had so much fun running around, finding sticks, going on "expeditions", playing on their swing set, and eventually finding the mud!






Our last day in Cleveland, the Kirkhams took us to Amish Country.  Oh my!  So fun!  First off, I need to say how much the Amish fascinate me!  We went and tastes countless amounts of cheese that they made daily, bought some homemade bread and candy for the kids (and adults), AND even tried to sneak some pictures of the sweet Amish people in their buggies.  oops! ;)








On our way home, instead of going through Chicago again, or taking the more direct route, I told Chad to go through Louisville, Kentucky.  Right before my junior year in high school, my family moved up to Kentucky.  That is where I finished high school and eventually went off to Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho).

I told my mom that we would drive by our old home and then I had to take Chad to see my High School there.



(Sigh)!  The infamous SOHS football field.  I danced many of dances during those high school football games. 


And last but certainly not least, we drove by to see the Louisville, Kentucky temple.  It wasn't built when I lived there, so it was fun to drive by and see where the location was and to see another temple on our trip!

THANK YOU KIRKHAMS FOR YOUR ENDLESS HOSPITALITY AND YOUR FRIENDSHIP.  WE HAD A BLAST AND WISH WE STILL LIVED DOWN THE STREET FROM EACH OTHER.  WE WILL NEVER FORGET THE LATE NIGHT CARD GAMES AND WONDERFUL CONVERSATIONS AND LAUGHTER.  YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

2 comments:

Karlee said...

LOVE that you got to go through KY and visit our old home! I miss that house!!! I can't believe you broke the rules & took pictures of the dear, sweet amish!! You will never be welcomed back to their town again! ;)

Katie said...

Awww, I am going to cry! I wish that we lived closer to each other! We had such a great time and have so many great memories :) miss you!