Thursday, January 27, 2011

SURPRISE!

Okay, so I have this friend, Melessa who used to live in my ward here in Kansas. Here daughter, Anna, and Rylee were BFF's. Well, they took a job offer to Houston over a year ago and she ended up being in my sister's exact same ward! CrAzY!

So back in October, Melessa calls me and tells me that she wants to throw Karlee a baby shower and sarcastically added that I can co-host and fly down and surprise Karlee! I was on board. Family, Friends and Party?!?! I was there in an instant. So we booked my flight, got my mom on board as well to come and surprise Karlee, and the shower planning was underway!

Because it was fall, we went with an owl theme. I love how everything came together!

the invitation:

cupcakes: pumpkin flavor with cream cheese frosting





don't let these cute little suckers fool you. they took forever to put together!

owl smores: yes, some of them were left a little too long in the microwave =0
karlee made out with a lot of really fun things....
my mom made this blanket for karlee. karlee was very excited about it.

4 comments:

Chiara said...

dude....I'm flying you to my house next time I need a party thrown. You are hands down the best party thrower EVER....and I suck at it! I'm always so jealous at your stuff! Now i'm in a bad mood. Thanks! :(

p.s - when my sister has a baby I am going to call you and I expect detailed instructions on EVERYTHING you do for this party. She is obsessed with owls....

The Warren Family said...

Cutest baby shower EVER! You are amazing. Maybe I'd have another baby if you throw me a shower! :)

theolsonfamily said...

I diddo Chiara's comment! amazing!!!

Karlee said...

ummm thanks for posting pics of me that are totally NON complimentary! I look EXTRA chubby in them! That's ok though bc you did a FABULOUS job on the shower and the surprise of you and mom coming was superb!!! thanks again big sis! You and Melessa are the bomb.com! ;)