Sunday, January 11, 2009

We have a tradition in our home where the birthday girl (or boy) can pick somewhere to eat for dinner. For Rylee's birthday dinner, she chose On the Border (she's half mexican like her mother)! And since her actual birthday party isn't going to be for a few more weeks (due to other schedulings this month) we told her she could invite 3 friends with her to go to dinner and then come back to our home and have a "Late Over". She was thrilled!

She then changed her mind from On the Border to Red Robin. She invited her good friends--Sammy, Anna, and Allison. Sophie was concerned that she would not be included because she says,

"But I'm not Rylee's friend and I want to go..."

To which we said, "You are her dear sister which is the bestest friend she could EVER have."

That brought a huge smile to her face.

We took the girls to Red Robin, came home, got p.j.'s on, ate cake and ice cream and then the girls played, danced and sang the night away----well, until 10 o' clock when the parents showed up. It was alot of fun.

Rylee told Mimi all she wanted for her birthday was gardening stuff. And Mimi and Paw Paw pulled through. She was excited to get started, but disappointed to hear that the ground was too hard to start any planting.

One of the gifts we got her was the kids tough digital camera. Rylee LOVES to take pictures and all the girls really enjoyed this little gadget!

3 comments:

Karlee said...

Little Soph Soph LOVES her sister! One time I asked Sophie who her best friend was and when I mentioned Rylee she said, "No that's my sister!" Maybe now she can understand that your best friend IS your sister(s)!! I'm glad Rylee had a fun birthday!! Wish I could be there for the "Late Over," that's a cute idea by the way!

Katie said...

SO fun!! I teared up when I read what Sophie said and your reply..too sweet! Miss you guys and we're glad that Rylee had a great bday!

liv said...

Happy Birthday Rylee! :) It's so fun to make the day special. I'm excited for you with your new camera and gardening tools! How fun.
I hear ya about the ear infections thing, no fun! We had to deal with some of that with Olivia..I was worried we'd have to do tubes. We haven't had to yet, but we still may..
I think Val's kids have them and I know Shannon's does..
Goodluck with that!