
You know how people say "Your children are always listening" ? Well, it's true. We used to always have conversations in the car about the green light, yellow light, and red light, and what each one meant. Rylee even learned a song about it at school....
The green means go
Or something to that effect. These conversations were, what seemed like, ages ago.
Anywho, we were driving home from swim lessons today and I was on my way into the left turning lane. The arrow was green and quickly went yellow. I did slow down (as the song says) but I slowed down to hopefully turn the corner and make it before the light turned red.
Well, it turned red as I was turning left.
About 5 seconds later I hear my sweet 3 year olds voice from the back of the car.....
Sophie: "Mom, you drived on a red light."
Me: Trying to ignore the comment, thinking she couldn't be that smart.
The green means go
The red stop
Yellow means slow down
We buckle up in case we stop
So we'll be safe and sound
Or something to that effect. These conversations were, what seemed like, ages ago.
Anywho, we were driving home from swim lessons today and I was on my way into the left turning lane. The arrow was green and quickly went yellow. I did slow down (as the song says) but I slowed down to hopefully turn the corner and make it before the light turned red.
Well, it turned red as I was turning left.
About 5 seconds later I hear my sweet 3 year olds voice from the back of the car.....
Sophie: "Mom, you drived on a red light."
Me: Trying to ignore the comment, thinking she couldn't be that smart.
Sophie: "MOM! YOU DRIVED ON A RED LIGHT!"
Me: "I did?"
Sophie: "Mom, you suppose to STOP when it is red not GO!"
Me: "You're right, sweetie. I'm sorry."
2 comments:
LOVE IT! I'm so glad you write these things down. I need to be better and documenting the things my kids say and the conversations we have. Those things are priceless!
Good thing we have kids to keep us in line!
Funny story!
Post a Comment