Ice Storm
No this is not snow.....it is ice. On Monday our weather man told us that is was going to start to rain around 7:00 pm and that it wouldn't stop until Tuesday around midnight or so. And when temperatures are low enough it turns all the rain to ice!! Well, Monday around 9:30 pm, our lights went out. Chad and I were hoping they would soon come back on, especially since it was about 25 degrees outside that night. Well they didn't. I woke up all night long checking on the girls to make sure they were warm enough. Luckily our house did stay warm enough that night, but when we woke up, our lights were still off. Chad went to work, and the girls and I spent all morning in front of the fireplace with down comforters and pillows. Taking pictures, reading books, coloring, and "playing Santa".....until around 12:30 (lunchtime) when the electricity finally came back on. Yes our electricity was out for about 15 hours. We got very lucky, because there are some families in Oklahoma who won't have power for up to 10 days. I pray they have found somewhere warm to stay. 






5 comments:
This storm was CARZY! I'm sad to find out that you were with out power and I didn't even know- At least it wasn't for too long. Looks like you had fun in a not-so-fun situation. That's my Kristin- Always positive!
We had a huge ice storm the last winter I lived in Portland. Not FUN! We couldn't even open our doors or cars. We had at least 2 inches of ice covering EVERTHING! It was scary, but soooo cool! Weather can be crazy. Stay safe out there!
I'm so sorry about the ice storm! But look at you making a cute cozy fire with the girls all bundled up in their blankets! Those are the kinda things they will remember!
I know it wasn't fun at the time. But it gave the girls something unusual to do for the day, right? They are such little sweethearts! And it sure makes you think about what you definately need for an emergency. It only took one hurricane to make us prepare and over prepare for the next ones. Shop early and prepare your 72 hours kit now. Do I still sound like your Mom? Yeah, well... Love ya'll
Kristin your girls are honestly so beautiful! I love that they are little buddies!
Post a Comment