We attend swim lessons each summer. It's a must for us. Knowing that my kids can swim makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable when we are around a pool and I can't keep my eyes on all of them at the same time.
This was Rylee's last year taking swim lessons. She was very excited about that. Now she can sit next to me next summer and watch her siblings as they become great swimmers.
Sophie was a little unsure of the water at first. Her first lessons she struggled a lot, then when we went to my parents for the 4th of July, she started jumping off the diving board WITH floaties on (a big step for her), and then by the time we left my parents she was jumping off the diving board WITHOUT floaties and SWIMMING all over the deep end of the pool. So, when she started her 2nd session of swim lessons, I had to call and bump her up to the next class level due to her quick advancements in the pool this summer. Way to go Sophie!
Here is Rylee proving to her swim instructor that she can swim her laps. This was her first AND last sessions for the summer. And, like I said, she was very thrilled about it!
This was Charlie's very first swim lesson. The first day of lessons were a little tricky. I guess I didn't give him a good ole' pep talk before he started, because he was ALL OVER THE POOL. I think he thought he was there to swim, not to LEARN to swim. So, we went home and had a little one on one on why it is important to learn to swim and why it's important to listen to our teacher.


1 comment:
You have GOT to love Chuckles! That kid CRACKS me up! He just wanted to swim and have fun! Lessons, WHO NEEDS LESSONS?? He'll learn ;) So glad Sophie got braver at mom's house! I love when she has nose plug+floatie+armies+goggles on! HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment