Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Really?? Already??

so rylee came home from school and said to me.....

"mom, do you get periods?"

trying not to look too surprised, i just said, "yes, i do. where did you hear that from?"

she said that a friend of hers from school told her that her mom had her period and that it hurts.

she then continued to ask me if she is going to get one and when.

REALLY? ALREADY?

5 comments:

Katie said...

First off: SHUT UP! Are you serious? Already? Nooooooo! If Rylee is asking, then Livi isn't too far behind and that is beyond my comprehension!
Granted, girls are maturing faster and faster these days...ahhh!
Second: Love your updated blog!

Karlee said...

SERIOUSLY?!?! WOWZA!!! What did you SAY!!! I would've passed out...oh gosh, those conversations are going to be SCARY!! I bet that mom would DIE to know her daughter went to school telling people that! lol! (and if she wouldn't die, she's got issues and rylee needs new friends!)

Chiara said...

Home schooling....it's the ONLY way to go!! ;)-

You don't even want to know what my boys are hearing at school....I tell ya...What is this world coming to?

Ivy & Mae said...

I hear ya. Isaac has had a dumbed down version of the birds and bees...mostly because we assume in the next year or so he'll be hearing all sorts of business from people at school.

Good luck to us and our kiddos!

Shaunelle said...

HAHA! That made me laugh right out loud. I don't think I really understood or knew what that was until middle school. Good look with those conversations...they scare me to death! :)