Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rylee's 7th

i'm finally posting rylee's birthday party pictures. between halloween, thanksgiving, sophie's birthday, christmas, new year's and rylee's birthday, i get a little drained. so rylee's party was slightly late this year (and by slightly, i mean over a month late). i know, right? most of you might be thinking (at least i know my mother is....love you mom) are wondering why do i do such parties then? i'm obsessed with them! they bring me joy! i'm always looking for an excuse to throw a party. i'm constantly thinking up new ideas and theme's just to decorate and have people over. it's a sick hobby of mine (just like shopping), but they are both very therapeutic. =) rylee has known for a while now that she wanted a "beach party". it is so fun to see how much she gets into the "ideas" of her party. she's very creative. and alot of times i will use her ideas in parties that i'm throwing, although some of her ideas i was not willing to budge on (aka, dumping sand all over our house so it looked like a beach).

i remembered how easy it was to have sophie's party on location somewhere else, so we opted for that idea. we invited 15 of her closest friends from school and church to come to the local community center to have cake, open presents and swim! it was so great! since it has been so cold, it was nice for them to actually get a taste of what swimming was like again.
my mother was also in town that week, keeping me company while chad was away on business. so she was also able to attend rylee's party as well. thank you MOM for all the help and support you gave. it was much needed and we all miss you so much already. please come back!!! love you!


here is her invitation i made:

and here is what they looked like when they went out for delivery:

here is her cake, which i just LOVED!:
here are the girls snacking on some fruit and chips (i asked rylee to think of food she would eat at a beach and that is what she came up with).



i didn't get a picture of the goodie bags, but i got them here. and then i added a miniature beach ball in each one, sunglasses and sweedish fish.

all in all, i think it was successful. and the birthday girl was smiling and talking about it for days after. happy birthday party rylee. we love you!

6 comments:

Karlee said...

Did you MAKE that cake?!? Did I NEVER ask that question? B/c if you did, your cake making talent has really hit another level!!! I'm impressed (not that I'm ever UNimpressed with your cake/party skills). It looks like it was a blast...I like the idea of it NOT being at your house...my kind of party!!! LOVE the invitation by the way...how come you never told me about that??? You're too creative...glad I got my own personal party planner!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

No, i didn't make the cake. but a friend of mine did and she did show me some of her secrets, so i think i'll be trying it out next time. =)

Mk said...

Oh i just L-O-V-E your party talent!!!! The invitations are so great and the cake is perfect. What a sweet girl Rylee is (and a lucky one too- she has a GREAT mama!)

Lisa said...

Your parties are always amazing! I don't think you're crazy--I am always waiting to see what you are going to come up with next. I think a beach party sounds like a perfect pick-me-up in the middle of a cold winter. Super cute--and yes, that cake is darling! Rylee is looking so old in these pictures! You are such a darling, darling mom, Kristin!

Unknown said...

LOVE! filed away for another day in case we ever need a beach themed party. Those invites are to die for!

amy k said...

Super cute! I was wondering what the ever-talented "party girl" was going to do THIS year? I love that Rylee is following in your footsteps. Whate a cute party!! What ARE the cake decorating secrets? Please share! I'm glad Ry had fun. I wish we were there. I agree, the swimming party in winter is such a great theme. And btw, thanks for the ideas I can later copy :).