Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009!

Yes, we did go back home to Louisiana again this year. It's just too hard to resist. We had a fabulous time, as always. And it was great to see everyone! So here are the details of our trip!


Here are the kids opening their pajamas from the Pajama Elf. The girls look forward to this EVERY year.

Charlie helping Mimi play Christmas songs on the piano.

Papa tickling Chuckles.

Here are the kiddos listening to Papa read. It's been a tradition since I was little. First, we each get to pick our favorite Christmas song to sing (starting with the youngest), then Papa reads from the scriptures the story of Christ's birth, and then he will read "The Night Before Christmas" and we end with family prayer. I love traditions and love to share with my kids the things I used to do when I was little.
Christmas morning:
This was the only thing Sophie asked for for Christmas......Slink, from Toy Story. I have no idea where this fascination came from, but Santa elves graciously made one for Sophie this year. She was so ecstatic!
Charlie was in his own world on Christmas morning to find out that Santa brought him every single car from the movie "CARS" (his favorite movie of all), and DINOSAURS, his 2nd love.
Charlie received a small Mac truck from Santa, but because Auntie Karlee thrives off of giving the best gifts to the kids for Christmas each year, she bought this big Mac truck for Chuck. He LOVED it. And mommy loves it more, because it will hold of his cars in it for easy clean up! =)
Boston received the Airplane Geo Trax from Santa (his big gift). For some reason it was working when Santa dropped it off, but when we woke up on Christmas morning, it didn't work anymore. =( Boston was so sad. I think the elves might have been playing with it too much the night before. Boston kept saying, "Santa fix it? Take it back to Santa? Santa fix it?"
Papa and Mimi had to trump Santa this year. Papa took the kids out to the garage for the kids to find this................
Some sweet ladies in my parents stake made this quilt for my dad. My dad got released as stake president earlier this year and so they made this quilt with all the t-shirts they had from youth conferences, etc. for him. We all got a little emotional. It was a great gift!
Aunt Kelli and Rylee received a very desired gift from Papa and Mimi this year........SNUGGIES! Yes! this was a specific thing that Rylee requested for Christmas!
Chad got this hat from his parents this year. Something to keep his head and ears warm in our cold Kansas weather.
After opening presents (around 11:30 or so) my dad and the rest of the boys fix an amazing brunch. This is something to look forward to every year. Charlie was getting really tired while waiting for this famous brunch, so I had to snap a picture!

Here is my adorable parents dancing to some Frank Sinatra.
Seeing as we haven't had boys in our home (and because Charlie is too young still), the girls finally discovered Legos while at my parents home. They wouldn't leave these things alone. They had so much fun making cars, houses, robots, you name it. Looks like we'll be making a Lego purchase soon.
I love this handsome boy! Boston, LOVES Sophie and Rylee so much. He basically just followed them around and copied everything they did the whole 10 days! Too cute!
Trying to get a family picture, didn't really work out. Yes, I cut mine and Chad's heads off. We look like we could be contestents on The Biggest Loser. But THIS is the BEST picture we got of the kids. Taking pictures is hard to do. And is it just me, or does my oldest daughter look like she's 17?!

Can you tell what we all got for Christmas this year? =)
And here are the grandchildren (minus Krew) after church on Sunday.


Karlee and Kent planned to do a camping trip in my parents backyard this year, but due to nasty weather and a very mushy ground we decided to do a bonfire instead. The kids loved this! It was really fun and I think we're going to make this an annual activity. The entertainment consists of each husband/father JUMPING over the bonfire to see who could make it across. It ended when my father finished and ended up falling. The grand kids started crying thinking Papa got hurt and caught on fire. We were ALL laughing historically. It was great, minus the children crying, of course. =)

Charlie hate, I mean HATES, putting on anything that constricts him in any way. Every time I try, this is what happens...............this is what he did while I was trying to put his jacket on to go out to the bonfire in the back. Sorry Chuckles, but your mommy still does love you!




And please pay close attention to the lovely sweatshirt that Rylee is wearing. That was mine when I was little and she was so excited to wear it! =)

Well, that about sums up our Christmas. I'll post some more pictures of some of our outings soon! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. AND for those of you who are wondering why you haven't received a Christmas card from the Wither's Family this year (which probably aren't many of you), no worries we are still sending one out. Hopefully soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Karlee said...

Why are your pictures SOOOO much better than mine??!? I NEED A NEW CAMARA!!! Would you like to donate one to me??;) Christmas was a blast and I seriously wish we could do it all over again! I miss everyone so badly...DALLAS! DALLAS! DALLAS! ;)

theolsonfamily said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christams! your children are so cute and yes your daughter does look like she is 17- She is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe she is seven either!