Saturday, January 9, 2010

7 years ago today.........

So I decided to write a post today about Rylee's birthday, after I saw my wife going through our computer trying to decide which pictures to post with tears in her eyes saying, "Where does time go? Where does time go?" Over and over again. So I'm giving her a break. So we'll see how well I'm able to do this. I can't guarantee it will be as good as Kristin's, but it's the thought that counts, right?
It is amazing to think that I have a 7 year old child. I feel so old, yet I am so excited to see Rylee grow up. Today is a very special day it was the day that I became a father. This beautiful big bright eyed girl came to us and changed our lives forever, and for the better. She has always had so much spirit and spunk. Overtime the spirit has grown and now she is a little girl acting like she is a big girl. Yes at times this can cause her problems but that is why we love her. Rylee you are the smartest, most talented and beautiful girl in the world. You have made my life better and helped me to appreciate life each and every day. I cherise those days when we just snuggle on the couch and watch movies or the great artwork and drawing that do. I am so greatful you came to our home and that we have you as part of our family. Keep being the same wonderful girl you are and remember that your daddy loves you.



Even at a young age, Rylee had boys chasing her. This is actually an arranged marriage; Asher and Rylee are meeting for the first time.


Rylee at 6 months old


Her 1st birthday


She's always been a terrific big sister.


She's always had a love for animals, and a love for BEING an animal.


Still working the arranged marriage thing......


We get this look more often the older she gets.


Again, having a love of being an animal....


Here she is when she was 4......with her beautiful mama


Here she is at 5, as happy as can be

And here she is when she turned 6

Rylee loves the snow. She's our arctic cat. We've always said she could live in Alaska and not miss us one bit. Okay, maybe a little


And here are some pictures of her big 7 day today. We just celebrated with family and I suppose Kristin has her big plans for the friends party all ready planned as well.


Her favorite gift for her birthday this year was her locket that her Papa and Mimi gave to her.


Kristin made some scrumptious pink strawberry cupcakes for Rylee in honor of Rylee's favorite color and of course in honor of her birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILES, WE LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Mom said...

I can hardly believe how quickly the past seven yrs. have passed. Seems it was just yesterday when I traveled to Rexburg in the frigid weather to welcome our first grandchild! She was and still is so beautiful inside and out! We loved skyping with ya'll tonight. Somehow it seems more personal when we are able to speak face to face. Happy 7th Birthday! We love you Rylee Jean!

liv said...

Happy Birthday Rylee! I kept thinking about you and your family. I'll always remember when you were born too, we were at the hospital and got to see you. It was so very special. I hope you had a wonderful day, you are so loved! :)

Karlee said...

First off let me just address CHAD blogging! I AM SO PROUD!!! AND what a GREAT job he did! It was sooo sweet and straight from the heart. Maybe I can convince Chad to do Boston's 3rd bday post?? We'll see.

Second, RYLEE IS SOOOOOO ADORABLE! That face as a baby...well, its just TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! She really was (and still is) a BEAUTIFUL baby (now girl). I miss her being little like that (not that I don't like her big now). I just can't believe she's ALMOST 8!! Before we know it, she'll be GRADUATING AND GETTING MARRIED! Tell her to slow it down a little, okay? I love her. Happy Birthday Ry Ry!

Laura Campbell said...

Good job Chad! :-) Rylee is a doll! My oldest is turning 7 on Friday, and I agree...where does the time go???

Katie said...

Wow! What an amazing post...I totally agree with Karlee..wanna do my kids?! :)
I still remember meeting Rylee that summer in St. Louis..what an absolute beauty! I must say, she has grown into such a beautiful and sweet girl. Happy Birthday Rylee! We love her and the rest of you guys too! Miss you!

Shayna said...

Woot! Woot! Asher is honored to have made the post. I can't stand how fast time passes and I don't handle it well-- Rylee, when you were a baby and I had my baby life was so simple! Not to mention freaking fantastic. You hardly know me anymore, but once upon a time I held you about as often as I held my own son. You have become such a beautiful young lady. Asher awaits:)