Monday, December 15, 2008

When It Rains....It Pours

If you're feeling like a horrible mother today, read this....it will definetly make you feel better. I for one, should get the Mother of the Year award!

So I will have to let everyone know that planning parties doesn't always go so smoothly. While preparing for Sophie's party we had a number of things happen.....
  • Made at least 3 trips to the same store in one day.
  • Charlie got into my cabinet and found one of my pyrex measuring glasses. He grabbed it, it slipped and then shattered. Glass was everywhere and he got a small cut on his foot. Of course we ran out of band-aids, so as he would crawl around I would find traces of blood on the tile or on his pants.
  • Rylee was spinning around in Chad's desk chair and then accidently nailed Charlie right in the head. Again, another reason why we don't spin around in Daddy's chair.
  • We try really hard to keep our bathroom door shut. Well, I was upstairs and Chad was in the kitchen doing something for the party. I came down and there was a white piece of something (that looked and felt like some sort of tissue) that was mashed up and very wet. I asked Chad where this came from and he had no idea. It was a pretty decent sized piece of tissue. I went into the bathroom, there was toilet paper unrolled, a huge thing of spit up on the floor (probably from gagging) and toilet water all over the seat! Nice!
  • Charlie had pulled himself up to the chair. While standing next to the chair, he started trying to climb on top of the chair and then, of course, slipped and nailed his eyebrow on the chair! Again, nice! (and what 9 month old tries to climb on top of chairs at this age? Oh, yeah, a boy!)

When did I sign up for this? But I am glad to report that Child Services has not come to my home just yet and that Charlie is healthy and well. Here's a picture of his bruise and slightly swollen eye.

2 comments:

Karlee said...

You're not the worst mother in the world, just a busy one! Atleast he's still alive! Poor boy took a few beatings that day but on the bright side, it toughens him up!=) But still, poooor boy! Come stay with your auntie, she'll take care of you!!!!=)

Katie said...

Haha!! I just have to laugh because I can remember your anxiety towards having a boy and now that he is here..he is ALL boy and I LOVE IT!! I can just tell how much you love Chuck and you are SUCH a great mom! The party really look amazing..but then again, it's you, so I wouldn't expect ANYTHING less!! Miss you!