HURRICANE GUSTAV hit land in Louisiana this morning. My family has lived in Louisiana for almost 18 years. I always remember loving when hurricanes came because it meant 3 things:1. No school
2. Lights go out
3. Play in the flood waters after the storm
My family has witnessed plenty of bad hurricanes, the worst, Katrina which hit 3 years ago. Surprisingly my parents were pretty safe and not too much damage was done to their home. They just had a couple of trees fall down. There was a lot of cleaning up after that storm though and my parents spent alot of time in New Orleans helping families that were affected by that storm.
Now Gustav has hit! I was pretty jealous that I wasn't there to witness it, because I LOVE storms!!! My parents have 6 missionaries staying at their home during the hurricane, so we figured they would have an invinsible force field around their home, right?! We kept getting updates from my dad telling us things that had happened.
The first text said, "A few trees have just fallen...."
The second text said, "The fence just fell down....."
Then I got a call from my sister, Kelli, and she said that our neighbor's tree just landed on our house! Pretty scary!!! With as many hurricanes that my family has been through, this has never happened.
So, I want my family to know that we are thinking of you and saying alot of prayers. I hope ya'll stay safe and we'll keep in touch.....WE LOVE YOU!!!

I know this isn't a great pic (taken on a cell phone), but this is taken from the inside of the house, upstairs in their game room. It looks like the fan is just hanging there and you can't miss the whole in the roof.
And here is my dad, braving the weather to go outside and take these pictures.....
5 comments:
Yikes that is really scary, I hope everything is okay with your family. We'll miss seeing you and the kids this weekend. I saw Blake and Brookie this last sunday (trevor his brother is in our ward and they just blessed their baby) it was fun to see their children. Ellie and Max are so big!! wow time moves on. Take care, keep us updated.
Holy cow!! That is seriously crazy...but I am sure that your parents are SO excited to remodel ;) hehe!! Hope that they are doing ok and nothing else happens!!
oh no!
YIKES!!!!! My parents live in Florida and they went through some of Gustav's fury. But so far no damage to their house. Hurricanes are so SCARY!! Ethan has almost a heart attack any time there's a thunderstorm!
That is crazy! Wow... Your girls are the cutest kids on the planet! I love the long hair! Pure girl and I am obsessed!
Post a Comment