Like I said in my previous post, Chad had to go to Chicago for a week, so Charlie and I decided to tag along. I've never been to Chicago, so I was really looking forward to my mini vacation. We were on one corner side of the hotel, so we had windows on 3 of the 4 walls in our suite. It was nice because there was a sitting area and then there was the bedroom. So Charlie could easily take naps in the opposite room while I got ready, read books, or watched TV. =) We stayed right off the Magnificent Mile (where all the best shopping is), and had great views.
Where's Charlie????
One of the views from our hotel room, looking down Michigan Ave.
Charlie is getting ready to have a tasty bite of some Chicago deep dish pizza......=)
Small part of the skyline..........
We went to Navy Pier....took Charlie on the Merry-Go-Round and the huge Ferris Wheel. What a great view to have of the city.
Here is the church building where they filmed "My Best Friends Wedding".......
We also went to the Field Museum. It was phenomenal! We also saw the T-Rex, Sue, from the movie "Night at the Museum".

Here is the Chicago Bears Stadium..............
And to finish it off......we shared this luscious Banana Cream Pie.
11 comments:
The Windy City...Oh so fun! Charlie is such a cutie!
Looks like you guys had fun. Glad you got to go with your hubby. Happy to have you back now! :) You have a neat Mom, by the way.
That banana cream pie looks so good! It looks like you all had a great mini vacation! How fun!
So glad that you were able to go and enjoy it!! Chicago is one of the best places on earth! {it has a soft part in my heart} I LOVE, LOVE to see how Charlie is growing..what a handsome boy!!
what a fun trip! maybe thats why you never called me back:)
It looks like you had a great time! What fun to travel, actually my parents were in Chicago this last week as well.
Yea it was fun to see Chad in Rexburg too, he was cracking me up with the rock band etc. Actually all those siblings are pretty dang funny and I just sat there laughing half the time.
So is everyone going out there to do the church sites again? Fun, I wish we could come.
Troy said he and Chad were trying to plan a time when we could get together...he had some pretty good ideas :)
I'm glad you had fun on your little trip, it's so nice to be able to get away once in awhile.
I haven't been to Chicago in SOOOO long! It is a great place to visit.
Charlie is such a stud!! Glad you like Chicago! I'm dying to go back! Definitely on my list (after a couple of beach vaca's)!!
Picture #5---don't know whose child that is because I don't think he looks like EITHER of you there!
Pictures #9--SOOO you as a baby! Looks like ya'll had SOOO much fun and I'm TOTALLY jealous that you go to visit CHICAGO without me! Hopefully you brought me home something good from your shopping adventures! Oh and WOW look at the comments on THIS post! HAHA!
So fun to go with Chad! Looks like Charlie got to be #1 that weekend!
That looked like SOOOOO much fun! And that pizza and banana cream pie is making my mouth water!
Post a Comment