Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I just wanted to thank my mother for the person that she is. I love you so much mom. Thank you for all your love and support, especially over the last couple of months. I love you so much and want you to know why. I love what a great example you have always been to me, even at a very young age. I love you for driving me around to all of my activities while I was younger....dance, piano, friends parties, play dates, etc. I love you for always cooking dinner and teaching me how to cook. I love you for emphasizing how important it is to eat together as a family. I love you for singing to me when I was little so I could hear your beautiful voice. I love that you would sit and run your fingers through my hair when I was little and wanted to sleep. I love you for teaching me to be honest in all my dealings. I love you for teaching me to always look my best, even though I don't always try my hardest at that one, I am still grateful you taught me that. =) I love you for always fulfilling your church callings and never complaining about it. I love you for always supporting daddy in his church callings and work. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to get children to church on time all by yourself for over 15 years. I love when you call me just to talk for hours. I love when you call to check up on me or the kids when someone isn't feeling well. I love when you send me packages or cards in the mail just for no reason. I love that you have taught me how to save money (although you may not think I'm very good at it, I actually do save money!!) =) I love you for teaching me to always be a good friend no matter what! I love you for staying up late with me when I come visit and having a late night snack even though we both know we shouldn't be eating it! I love you for always being there when I needed to talk. I love you for coming out to help me adjust to having a new baby (3 times) and did all my laundry, cooked all the meals, entertained me and my children. I love you for keeping my spirits up when I was having a bad day. I love you for the support you have been while I have been in Kansas. I love you for the wonderful Mimi you are to my children. I love you for baking cookies, making homemade play dough, doing crafts, coloring, and even being a wonderful teacher to my chilren. I love you for always being so on top of things. I love you for being so organized, because I'm not. I love you for the many times you have served others, and that example has taught me so mucy. I love you for letting us come and visit and make a mess of your house, swim in your pool, and turn a very quiet home into a very noisy one when we come. =) I'm so grateful for the love you show your grandchildren. It is so hard for me to be so far away from you and not have them see you more often. Thank you mother for being such a great mother and friend. I love and respect you. And I hope you will always know and remember that. Thank you for the person that you are. I love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I hardly know what to say...How blessed I am to have you for my daughter. You have grown into such a loving, kind young woman who has taken so naturally to being a wonderful wife and mother. I am truly the fortunate one and am so proud of you! Love you...