Monday, May 19, 2008

Fer Rude!

I was in the mother's lounge nursing Charlie a few Sunday's ago and a lady in our ward (whom I don't know very well at all), starts telling us a story about how she was so teeny with her first baby because her first was only 4 pounds or something. Then she started telling us about how ENORMOUS she was with her second. Going on and on telling us and describing to us how huge she was.
Here comes the "Fer Rudeness" part of the story.......

She looks at me and says,"I mean I was just enormous. I would look at you and you were small compared to what I was, but you were HUGE!"

Now everytime I see this poor sister I want to punch her. Bless her heart. I try not to have bitter feelings towards her, but it is hard. I can't believe she said something so tactless to me.

Okay, and yes I know I wasn't the smallest thing when I was 9 months pregnant. I never lost all my weight with Sophie AND I was carrying an 8 lb. 10 oz. child. Give me a break lady. Anyway, I normally wouldn't be doing this, but I thought I would post a picture of myself the day I went into the hospital so ya'll could see what she saw and why I was SO HUGE!

11 comments:

Shayna said...

i'm laughing so hard!! that is funny. i don't know what the deal is with your ward members. "tactless" and "rude" would be just the description i'd give several ladies you go to church with (i've heard the stories). what is wrong with people? when do you ever call someone huge and think its ok?!! p.s. you're NOT huge!!! that's the best part.

Chiara said...

I say you go right ahead and punch her in the face!! ;)- She deserves it! Honestly - it blows my mind how dense some peoples brain tends to be! Or better yet -find some really sweet tactless way to tell her she is STILL really fat!! ;)- hahaha I double dog dare you to do it!

And you are not big at all - infact, if I had to catagorize you with all the pregnant people I've ever seen - you'd be on the small end for sure!!

Katie said...

My dear sweet Kristin..beat her face in!! :) Ok, but seriously, why are people so stupid?! You weren't huge at all and I am just so sick of people being dumb/rude! Move up here, you would LOVE our new ward..really! Nothing like your ward...(Sorry to say) and not like someONE in my old ward. We would welcome you with open arms! ;)

Melissa said...

I LOVE you Kristin! You're AWESOME!!!

I love that you posted this and with a picture!! Props to you. I know how much you didn't like your prego- picture taken. But you were still beautiful no matter what you think.
And for reals, aren't we supposed to get big when we're pregnant?
Hello- growing a healthy baby is not the time to worry about a little weight gain!

I got kind of the same thing when my boys were babies. People would always say, "Sure looks like he hasn't missed a meal!"
To which I'd respond, "Are they supposed to?"
Some people are so tactless!
But, Please don't leave me!!!!

Karlee said...

You have already told me this story and once again I will say that woman deserves some sense knocked into her! I mean she was pregnant she should know how it feels whenever you're pregnant and how you HATE to be called HUGE! TOTALLY RUDE! If you don't want to do it, I'll punch her out for you....HA! Oh by the way, I love your face in this pic. You SOO did not want to take that pic but I'm proud that you shared it with the rest of the world!

Jamie said...

Go for it! Punch her!

I can't stand when people talk about how size during OR after pregnancy!

Brooke said...

I'm with everyone else...punch the hag! (i'm not going to even call her a lady) Then giver her the ol' "we're free to make our own choices but NOT free to choose the consequences" talk. GRRRRR! I don't get people like that. It makes me want to call their mothers. Where were these people raised? So did you think of something perfect to say back to her...like 45 minutes too late? The story of my life! I'm all for giving her a HUGE crusty stare each and every time your paths cross. You're beautiful! (and might i mention, NOT HUGE)

Woods: said...

She must be dilusional. What a lame lady. You really are NOT HUGE at all! She's dumb.

Ivy & Mae said...

Oh my.

You'll probably be her visiting teaching partner now or something.

Heather said...

Sorry she was so rude, BUT I think your looked fabulous to have been 9 months prego.
I think a punch just might you and her feel better....okay, well at least you! :) LOL

Kristy said...

You look beautiful as always. Sometimes people just don't get it!!! What do you do? Love them anyways because they are gods children and we all make mistakes. I know I have put my foot in my mouth 10 times too many. Just know that I (who really matters) think you look great.