As most of you know, Chad travels ALOT (well alot in my book). ;) One of his territories happens to be Louisiana where my parents live. So we both thought it would be fun for Charlie to tag along with daddy and spend some time with Papa and Mimi while daddy worked during the day.
SO glad we did this. It just so happened that the week Charlie was suppose to be with Chad, I ended up being sick with the flu (and sick with pregnancy as well). So having my most energetic, off the wall, least independent child (who still needed help on and off the toilet and to wipe his poopy bum) gone for that week, turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
Chad sent me this picture of Charlie on the airplane in Dallas. Yes, he did purchase Charlie a Dallas Cowboys T-shirt (chad is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan and NOT embarrased to admit it either).

Here he is waving to his mom from the restuarant at the airport

I want to thank my mom for sending me these pictures so I was able to document this fun little trip he had. One of Mimi and Charlie's outings was to Chuck E Cheese. This is one of Charlie's MOST favorite places to go. He is STILL talking about it and wants to go back there with Mimi again (not mommy, just Mimi).

Chad took this picture of Charlie before he left for work one morning and sent it to me via his phone. I LOVE a sleeping baby. Ok, I know he's not an actual baby, but he is MY baby.
He went on wagon rides with Mimi around the neighborhood
They took a trip to the zoo
And road on the train---Charlie's FAVORITE thing to do at the zoo. He honestly could care less for the animals, as long as he gets a ride on the train.
He played with playdough--another one of his favorite things to do.
One day while my mom was getting ready, she noticed that Charlie was being awfully quiet. She went to go see what he was up to. Apparently he had got the milk out of the refrigerator, climbed up on the counter, got a sippy cup down and was about to pour the milk in to his cup right as my mom came in. Silly, silly boy. Maybe he's more independent than I think he is. ;)
So happy to see Papa







2 comments:
How fun!! It looks like he had a blast...do you think that your parent's would take one of MINE for a weekend? :)
Hehe, but seriously, such cute pictures (sans the Dallas Cowboy Shirt! Hehe, J/K Chad! ;)
SO glad Chuckles could go visit Mimi & Papa for a few days. I know mom just LOVED it. I'm dying laughing about Charlie trying to pour his own milk! HAHA! Maybe he IS independent....or only when they want to be! I'm sure he was just trying to keep Mimi on her toes!!! Don't you think we should have a "cousins" week and Mimi's??? ALL cousins while the adults take a trip? LOL!!!
Post a Comment