First we drove from Kansas to Utah. I had 2 cousins getting married, my nephew's birthday, and Chad's brother was blessing their sweet baby.
DAY ONE: Alpine Slides
I can't count on both hands how many times we've been to Utah and NEVER have been to the Alpine Slides. OH.MY.GOODNESS. If you've never done this, it is a must! We had such a blast we didn't want to leave. We went with my Dad and Mom, sister Kelli, sister Kari and her hubby Brandon and their sweet bebe, Krew. We also met up with one of my besties, Shayna and her sweet children. We all had so much fun!



Rylee and Asher-- Rylee honestly thinks Asher is the funniest human being on the face of this planet. She will repeat his funny jokes over and over again for days.




Rylee and myself about to head up on the coaster ride. This was by FAR my most favorite! Had to do it over and over again!



DAY TWO: Wedding Day
This day was definitely one of the funnest days of the trip. We did have to get the kiddos up early and drive them from Midway to West Jordan to my dear friend Shayna's house. She was such a trooper. We were going to be attending 2 weddings and a luncheon that day, so we ponded the kids off on her. She was probably ready to pull her hair out by the time we picked them up. Thank you so much Shay. You truly are the best.
After we dropped them off we drove to the Salt Lake Temple for the 9:30 am wedding, to see my gorgeous cousin, Brianna and her darling hubby Eric. It was a beautiful ceremony. His father actually performed the ceremony! He is a member of the seventy for our church. What an amazing experience for them. I always enjoy going to sealings!






After the luncheon we went right back over to the temple to attend my hunk of cousin Tosh and his too cute for words bride, Angela's sealing. These two are adorable. It was so fun to see Tosh. I haven't seen him in YEARS. They are so happy together!
It's so fun to go to the temple grounds and see all these brides and grooms getting married. ***I told Chad I want to come to SLC every June on a Saturday and just watch all the newly married couples come out of the temple.*** It's seriously so much fun. All the brides are gorgeous, the grooms are total studs and bridesmaids are too cute! I wish I could get married all over again. ;)
Yes, I was that random stalker photographer going around taking pictures of adorable brides and grooms.
My cousins Jessica and Melissa and my sister Kelli

My sweet grandma and her husband Jim are standing in the middle along with my Uncle Brad and Aunt Vanese
The Happy Couple
After the picture taking for wedding #2, we drove back to West Jordan to save Shayna some of her sanity. =) We got to her home, changed the kiddos clothes, did their hair, and headed to Alpine for Brianna and Eric's reception.
But first, here are some pictures I borrowed from Shayna's blog. These are some of the things the kids were up to while we were gone.....
Charlie and Violet already "parking"
And here is the wedding reception for Brianna and Eric. What a CUTE theme! I was dying. Knowing how much I love a party, I took as many pictures as I could. They did this adorable vintage theme and served yummy sweets and soft serve ice cream!!! Too cute, right? Here are the pictures............






When the reception was over and it was time for the bride and groom to leave, Brianna changed out of her wedding dress in to this adorable dress. SO.CUTE.
DAY THREE: Brunch, Baby Blessing and Family Dinners

Excited to go eat some yummy food!

Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Rick



After our brunch, we drove down to Spanish Fork to meet up with Chad's family. Troy and his wife Jana were blessing their #2 baby, Samuel. Chad's parents came down, along with his sister Erika and brother Cole. We were also blessed to see his sister Bev as well. After the blessing, we went back to Troy and Jana's house to chow down on some food. They have such an adorable home! It is always so fun to get together with Chad's family. Each one of them is quick witted and so funny, it's hard to not wet your pants when you are around them. I adore this family!! I'm sad that I forgot my camera, however, I did borrow some pictures from Troy and Jana's blog . =) The kids had fun playing with their cousin Olivia and getting wagon rides from Grandpa and Uncle Cole.
Here are Troy and Jana with their daughter, Olivia and new addition, Samuel
After a lovely time with the Withers clan, we drove up to Brigham City, Utah and got together for another eating fest with my mom's side of the family. Because we didn't get to go the reception for Tosh and Angela, we wanted to make sure we came up to visit with this fun side of the family as well. And boy how I have missed them. We ate, visited and great grandma had a pinata for all her great-grandchildren. There was fun had by all!
Daddy with sweet Krew

Aunt Vicki with her son Shane
Vanese and Brad
All the great-grandchildren thus far. What's nice about being one of the oldest cousins, is that you get to see all these children grow and get to know each other. I can't wait to see what the future has in store and how many more great-grandchildren there will be the next time we get together!

Trying to get a picture of Charlie and Jim. And of course Charlie is "being himself"
My sister's little boy Krew and all my bebe's. All we were missing was Boston. We missed you Karlee and Kent!
It was SO good to be able to see so many family and friends while we were out in Utah. Thank you all for making our stay there absolutely glorious. We miss you already!
There are a few more events that took place while we were in Utah, but that is going to have to wait. My hands are cramping and my eyes are closing. So for now, I'm signing off. Good night.
4 comments:
What a vacation! I couldn't beleive that Brianna is married. I saw the invite at my parents house this summer and was in shock...I used to babysit her?! That wedding was too die for...so cute....had Esplin darlingness written all over it. You get that same darlingess from your Aunt Aundrea I guess.
HOLY COW! That is a lot to fit into a couple days =)! I am so glad you survived...haha. But hanging with family can be the best times ever! And can I tell you I have NEVER heard of the Alpine Slides? But whatever they are, they sound awesome! =) ANd I am so glad you have included some pictures of you. Can I say that you are the cutest person ever? Cuz you are!
HOLY CRAP! That's a TON of blogging! But I'm proud of you! I'm VERY jealous of this trip and SO wish that I could've come!! I'm SOO mad that y'all did alpine slides WITHOUT me! I'm still upset about that....and I'm also SO mad that I missed BOTH of those weddings...why I am the loser who missed out? NOT FAIR!
Wow! That was some trip! We had so much to do and so many people to see. Families are the greatest. Thanks for posting all of this and the pictures. Haven't gone thru any of mine yet. It was such a fun few days! Now the next time we hit up Park City... the zipline!!!
Post a Comment