Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Although turning 30 has had me queezy since I was 25, I do need to give a shout out to all those who made this birthday extra special for me.

I woke up Friday morning to see my darling children and husband delivering my favorite breakfast to me in my bed! MMMM..........waffles with strawberries on top!!! Yummmm.

Then it was time to open presents! My very thoughtful husband bought something he knows he shouldn't have, but for those of you who know me, you will know how much I LOVED this gift (and will continue to love every time I use it)!!! Since this new device has hit the shelves, I have not stopped thinking about it. And now, I actually own one............
Not only does cricut cut out paper, but it also does FONDANT too! Now do you see how dangerous this can be?!? I am SO excited to get started! Here are some fun things it can do.....

This is really going to open up a whole new world of endless possibilities for me!!! And THAT can be dangerous. I don't think Chad realized how dangerous this is actually going to be. (wink, wink)

****************
I had friends come by during the day showering me with gifts, my favorite salad, my favorite cupcakes, birthday songs (even a serenade in espanol, with a lovely vibrato), flowers, you name it!!! It was just awesome. Thank you friends!
Then Chad apparently got a sitter and said he was going to take me to one of my favorite restaurants. I knew right where we were going once we got on the freeway and started heading towards downtown KC, because Lidia's is the only restaurant I've eaten at down there.

Before my birthday I told Chad I didn't want any big surprise thing going on. I HATE being the center of attention. Well, I knew something was up when we walked into this very crowded restaurant and Chad just walked in like he owned the place. I kept quickly scanning around waiting for my friends to completely embarrass me. And there they were!!! Luckily they didn't jump up and start singing happy birthday or anything, but it was so nice to see my closest friends there with their hubby's. I know there were a few of you that Chad invited that weren't able to make it, but I'll forgive you. ;) It was so fun to sit and chat with all of them and take my mind off of other things. Thank you so much friends for being the best ever!!!! Love you guys!

sorry the pictures are so blurry. this isn't my camera, but thank you melissa for having yours on hand.



Then we took a stroll around downtown. Apparently is was FIRST FRIDAY. And on First Friday they have all these amazing art galleries open and music playing, jewelry shops, pottery, etc. that people can go into and look around and buy.
We also saw the "Back To The Future" car driving around as well. How fun is that?!
After that, we droved back closer to our house to eat at my favorite Kansas City cupcake shop. Sadly they were closed, so we headed over to have some Gelato instead, which is just as yummy!
It was a fabulous day. Thank you to all of you for all the phone calls, songs, gifts, emails, etc. You are too kind. I truly felt loved! Thank you!

6 comments:

Karlee said...

AWWWW! Chad ALWAYS pulls through! Leave it up to THAT guy! You truly are SPOILED! That man treats you like gold...but that's good b/c you DESERVE it! Happy Birthday again! Can't wait for the day that I'll actually BE THERE to help celebrate as you turn 31, 32, 35, 38, FORTY!!!!! WOW!! ;) Love you!

Mom said...

So glad you had wonderful birthday! What were you worried about? Thirty really isn't so bad. It's only a number. The years pass, we gain more wisdom (hopefully) and get a better sense of ourselves. Just wait til you are my age and realize half your life has been lived. Now that's depressing! HA! Love you...You're the GREATEST!

liv said...

Sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad that you were able to have such a great day! I love birthdays! :) I wish we could've joined in on the celebration!

Kristin and Jay said...

you are so funny! The 30's will be amazing, just watch! So glad you had a wonderful time! And I totally want one of those thingy's, for real! You are going to have SO much fun with it!

Amy K said...

Whaaaat? Happy Birthday, girlfriend! Sorry to be a little belated about it. 30 rocks! Wahoo!! Glad you had a great day. What sweet friends and sweet husband!! You are lucky.

Mk said...

You're still a youngen' i'm like 500 years old. ugh. Can't wait to see you in action withe the new toy!!!!
Happy Belated B-day:)