Notice anything different about me?
Also, when we went in to the doctor for the girls routine yearly check-up, each one of them had a "mock" eye exam. They were a little concerned with Sophie and so they told us to head over and see the optometrist.
Sophie was very nervous. She doesn't like to do new things. She sticks with what she is comfortable with (just like her mother). =) They put drops in her eyes--which she hated---to help dilate her pupils and then we saw the optometrist. Apparently she is very far-sighted. We ordered her glasses and she picked them out all by herself.
She still isn't use to them, but I'm so grateful that we got this figured out before she started Kindergarten this year.
Even though she isn't too fond of her glasses, we've had a few occasions happen that have made me SO grateful we figured all this out.
There are times when she will be watching a movie or playing games on the computer and she will tell me that it is blurry. Then I'll go grab her cute little glasses and she'll say, "Great! Much better mom!"
While we were eating dinner one night Rylee looked out into our backyard and saw an apple tree just over our fence line. She told Sophie to look at the apples and Sophie kept saying, "Where? Where? I don't see them!" She was getting frustrated. Then she said
"OH, Wait!!!"
She ran, put her glasses on and came back to the table. When she sat down and looked out the window she said,
"OH!! There!!! NOW I see them!"
Sweet girl. It made me sad that she actually wasn't able to see anything. And I'm sure she thought it was normal. And now that she has her glasses, it has opened a whole new world to our sweet little girl.
4 comments:
She looks adorable!!
She is so cute. I remember when Austin got glasses I felt blindsided! Wal-Mart has a great back to school sale every year. You can get two pair, with the AR coating that kids need, for $80. I was happy to figure that out after I got bamboozled into paying $300 for his first super flimsy pair! Then we moved to contacts at 7 and just last week the doctor released him from wearing anything!!
When Austin was diagnosed, we found out he couldn't see OR hear all in a few days. Talk about feel like a terrible mom!!
I'm so proud of you for getting her eyes checked! YAY good parenting! Cute glasses too!
I LOOOOOOVE my Sophie!! Her cute little glasses! She looks SOOO sophisticated! She looks beautiful!! I love that she knows how much her glasses actually HELP you sight and she'll actually where them! LOVE HER!!!!
Post a Comment