Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back To School

It's that time of year again. Backpacks, lunch boxes, new clothes, school supplies, the smell of school buildings, early mornings and days alone (minus my Chuckles).

Rylee started school on Monday, August 16th. My little 2ND GRADER! She was really excited to back and see all her friends and have a new teacher. She told me that she thought 1st grade was easier than Kindergarten, so now she thinks 2nd grade will be easier than 1st grade. Hey! If she keeps this attitude up, school could be a BREEZE for her.

Monday and Tuesday she started school at regular time---8:10 am--- and then she was released at 12:30 pm. But starting Wednesday the 18th, she will start going all day again. She had a hard couple of days. Most of her good friends that were in her class last year are in the other class this year, so she's worried that they will forget about her and not want to play with her anymore at recess. Sweet girl. Who wouldn't want to play with this sweet face?



Other than that she is really liking school. Her teacher's name is Ms. Razafsky. She's new to the school this year and this is her 2nd year of teaching. She's got some fun ideas for the class this year and so I'm really excited to get to know her.

Here is my little 2nd grader outside her classroom, ready to conquer anything!

********************
Today, Wednesday, August 18th was Sophie's first day of Kindergarten! Words can't express how excited this little girl is to FINALLY be able to go to the a BIG KID school AND to be able to attend the same school as her sister, Rylee. She has literally been counting down the days.
Sophie's kindergarten teacher's name is Mrs. Arther, which happens to be the same teacher Rylee had when she was in Kindergarten. I have mixed feelings about it. It will be good for Sophie to feel comfortable with a familiar face, but I also don't want her teacher to compare Rylee and Sophie because they are so different.
A couple of Saturday's ago I took Sophie out on a Mommy-Daughter date to get some new school clothes, her backpack and take her to lunch. She was in HEAVEN. She picked out the new backpack all by herself and even picked out the clothes SHE liked all by herself. I wanted to start the school year off fun for her.
Sophie tends to have a little more anxiety when it comes to things like this. She's alot like her mother when it comes to trying new things. She's also very shy and extremely sensitive. But hopefully her excited for school will overtake the nervous feelings.


Here are the girls outside of their school
And here is the newest student in our family. By the smile on her face, you wouldn't never guess how nervous she really was.
Her teacher asked the parents to say good-bye's in the hallway so that there wouldn't be an over crowded classroom. So after the "hallway picture", we walked over to the door and gave her a hug and a kiss and told her she was going to do GREAT!
Then she just stood there, right in the doorway.
Was not moving.
Gave her a slight motivating push and it was like her feet were planted in cement.
Gave her one more hug and told her it would be alright.
Still not moving.
Finally Mrs. Arther said, "Hi, Sophie, come on in!"
Her feet SLOWLY started moving to the circle of children on the floor.
She's gonna do great, right? =)
I'll let you know when I pick her up today.

OH, and across the street from the girls school, someone had toilet papered their friends house. The sign outside on their yard read,
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!
See, it really isn't that much fun to grow older.

4 comments:

Karlee said...

AWW!! (I feel like I open every comment like that) I feel like they are BOTH getting SO old! I totally forgot they'd be at school TOGETHER! How fun and COOL is that! I remember LOVING having Kari there for a little bit in elementary school! They both looked SO cute for their 1st day (of course I don't expect anything less). AND can I say I'm VERY impressed you have Charlie AND Sophie ready on Rylee's first day?? My pictures will be of us ALL in pj's with Boston all ready to go! I hope Sophie does ok!! She will, she just has to get comfortable! Love that girl! Poor Rylee, I felt that same way one year when I didn't have any of my "close" friends in my class. No worries, they won't forget her...she's UNFORGETABLE! 2nd grade and kindergarten! WOW!!!! You ARE getting old! ;)

Amy K said...

Yay for school! Your girls are so sweet. I love Sophie's reaction to walking into the classroom. What a sweetie. When Toria found out who her teacher was the other day, she hid behind me and cried. (she didn't get the one she wanted -obviously.) But she's warmed up to it and they are both anxious to start on Monday. Sophie's glasses are DARLING! Rylee's dress is DARLING! Happy school year!
Love you.

Mk said...

Such cute girlies- impeccably styled, of course;) I just love Sophie's glasses.
Happy School Year!!

Shayna said...

okay-- love sophie's glasses! love nanny Mcphee! love the pic of you and chuck, and congrats on a wicked bday! your girls look so gorgeous in their first day of school attire (as to be expected). ahhh school! i get nervous just thinking about it- can't believe your practically an empty-nester:)