Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Surprise

I called my mom JUST to ask her if she would want to come visit for Halloween, thinking the whole time it was impossible and would cost too much, since it was such short notice. BUT she ended up coming. I didn't even tell the girls she was coming.

Rylee didn't have school on Friday (Oct. 30) so she and Charlie came to the airport with me and as we were driving around waiting for my mom to come out, she STILL had no idea why we were at the airport. She thought we were there to pick up a really big toy. =) Then my mom came out and she just got this huge grin on her face.

Sophie on the other hand had a quite different reaction. She not very good with change or surprises. Chad picked Sophie up from pre-K that day and took her to lunch and then back to work with him until I got back from the airport. She came running outside to the passenger side of the car where my mom got out to say hello. I don't know if it scared her or what, buy she came running over to me crying. It was so funny!
We played in the leaves while she was here, went to our ward Halloween Trunk or Treat/Monster Mash, saw Astro Boy, went shopping, and of course went Trick or Treating on Saturday! It was so much fun to have her enjoy the spooky festivities with us. Thank you for coming out, Mom! It meant so much to us. Next time we'll get dad out here. =) We missed you, Daddy!


We went with a Peter Pan theme this year. I will have to admit that as much as I LOVE Halloween, I was not really excited about it this year nor was I impressed with their costumes this year. It was sort of a blah year. So, no need to leave comments about their costumes.

Meet:
Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, and Tiger Lilly

This sweet family, Shane and Angela, had a few of us over for a nice dinner before we went out Trick or Treating. She set up an adorable table down in the basement for the kids and I made Mummy Dogs for them. Then Angela had all the adults eat upstairs in her dining room, which was, of course, completely decked out. She made a delicious pasta for us and it was fun to visit and have a warm meal all before we went out into the crisp Kansas weather for candy. It was a fun night. Thank you Shane and Angela!

We miss you Mimi and Papa!

4 comments:

Karlee said...

Please Kristin, you're too hard on yoursel...the kids look GREAT!!!! I LOVE IT AND THEM!!! Although I must say Charlie makes a PERFECT Peter Pan...I think his is my fav..shhh don't tell he girls. It's just something about a little man in green!! I WISH ssssoooo badly we could've come! I'm jealous you get to spend Halloween with mom but I'm really glad she went to spend time with y'all! Well there's always NEXT yr to spend Halloween together....in TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mk said...

THE KIDS LOOK AWESOME!!! You are too funny. Looks like a HAppy Halloween!!

Katie said...

I LOVE the costumes!! Your kids are so beautiful (well, charlie is just plain handsome!!)

Kari Combe said...

Okay I've gotta be honest, I was a little sad that mom decided to come visit ya'll instead of us for Halloween and it was Krew's very first Halloween! Yeah, I know he's still a baby and he can't really trick or treat or get excited about it like your kids, but still. So I've come to except that you and Karlee are the favorites and I realize more and more how much it sucks living so far away from everyone! So now after I've made you feel bad...haha ;) I'll move on to comment about your post... no hard feelings, seriously :) Love you! Your kids look adoreable in those cute costumes (I LOVE the theme), I don't know what you're talking about...you are way too hard on yourself :) I can't tell you how much Rylee looks so so much like you in those pictures! I can't believe how much they are all growing up and I can't WAIT to see their cute faces come Christmas time! I love the picture of Charlie holding onto that metal stick (or whatever it is) with his mouth open like he's really Peter Pan and he's calling for the lost boys or something. I also think it's so fun that you've got leaves on the ground in your front yard that they can play and jump in...one of the best things about fall time. I can't wait til Krew can really enjoy this time of year! Looks like ya'll had a fun Halloween and enjoyed your surprise visit from Mimi! :) (really, I'm fine, ;))