Seeing as we have 3 temples within 3 1/2 hours away from us, we decided to go to Nauvoo last weekend with our dear friends Shane and Angela, and their adorable children. I have been through the Nauvoo temple for the open house when I was pregnant with Rylee, but I have never done a session there. What a beautiful temple!
We went to Carthage Jail on Friday afternoon, when we first arrived, and then we checked in to our cabin! We were all in LOVE! We stayed here and had a BLAST! If you ever go to Nauvoo, I would HIGHLY recommend staying here. We stayed in this massive cabin and the kids had so much fun (as well as the adults)!!! It was perfect. They also have smaller cabins as well. So fun!
We took turns going to the temple Saturday morning and then we took the kiddos around to see some of the sights......The Fudge Factory, walked around the temple, we missed the carriage ride, but they did get to go in to see alot of the other cabins there.
I love this view from the temple. The plaque below the statue says:
"On the morning of June 24, 1844, Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum left their families, homes, and fellow Saints for the last time. Traveling on horseback, they paused on this bluff. Joseph looked admiringly at the unfinished temple and the city of Nauvoo and declared:
This is the lovliest place and the best people under the heavens; little do they know the trials that await them.
Joseph and Hyrum then continued on to Carthage, Illinois, where they faced legal charges and eventual death at the hands of of a mob.Sweet baby, Lando
3 comments:
WHAT?!? Horse saddles for barstools....I gotta get me some of them! HAHA!!! TOO COOL---you were right!!! Looks like y'all had fun and it was well worth it. That quote from Joseph Smith made me tear up..I can't imagine being there, feeling the spirit there and then reading it...glad you got to go to the temple. There's not a place better to be! Thanks for you example! LOVE YOU!
Don't ya love Nauvoo? I wish we could go more often...
You are so kind to look for my parents...they are temple missionaries so they are kinda hard to track down. Thanks for thinking of them ( nad me) so cool that your kids really have gotten to experience it at such a young age. Such a phenomenal testimony builder. You guys are great-
I think it's so cool that you have such great friends that ya'll can travel up to Nauvoo together and take turns going to the temple then go around and visit the sights! That would be such an awesome trip to take with friends! I LOVE that cabin you stayed in....it's HUGE! I BET the kids LOVED it! I'm sure it's hard not having a temple close by but it's gotta be so exciting to take a trip out to go to the temple and then really take the time to visit the wonderful sights around there. I'm sure if we had to travel to see our temple I think we would take advantage of going around and seeing the sights since there are so many church sights in SLC to visit. I just think it would help us appreciate it so much more! I think it's wonderful that your kids get to see those special places and I'm sure it totally strengthens their testimonies at such a young age...they are such great kids with such great parents! I love you Kristin!
Post a Comment