Saturday, August 4, 2007

Rylee's Swimming Achievements

Earlier this summer, I signed Rylee up for swim lessons. I was a little disappointed in myself only because I don't think I read the description of the class closely enough. I signed her up for the Preschool I class which helps her to learn to bob up and down, float with support, kick, and hopefully get their head in the water. Which was good for her to be more brave about putting her head under the water, because she is freakishly afraid of the water. But I don't think it challenged her enough.
So when we got back from our Louisiana trip I signed her up for the Preschool II class. And she learned so much more. I was soooo proud of her. She's learned to finally emerge her head completely in the water (quickly, but at least she does it), float without support, swim from wall to teacher and from teacher to wall, and she actually tred water for 25 seconds!! We are so proud of her. Now when we go to the pool she wants to always show us how she can swim "All by herself". She ain't that good though to do it the whole time. But she did "graduate" to the next level---1st Wave, while Sophie and I drank water and sat out in the heat. Great job Rylee we're so proud of you. And thank you Sophie for being so patient for the last 2 weeks. We love you both.

1 comment:

Karlee said...

GOOD JOB RY! aw...they're growing up SO fast!