Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trains, Boats and Water = FUN

So if any of you read my blog AND my sister's blog, you will notice that I am stealing all of her pictures from our trip. =) I decided not to take my camera out with me, because her hubby just bought her a nice new Nikon for Mother's Day. So I thought that we could each randomly take pictures while I was there, and then I would "borrow" the pictures off of her blog once she had posted them. Great idea! Thanks Karlee!

Anyway, while I was in Houston and before my Mom and sister Kelli left, Karlee took us to this really beautiful park in downtown Houston. It's called Herrman Park. So fun!! It was SO hot that day, but we battled the heat and took them anyway.



They have a cute little train that takes you around the park and the boys were in HEAVEN!!!
They were holding on for dear life, because they didn't want us to take them off the train once we returned.


HOWEVER, they did have a lake there with water that shot of 40 ft. into the air, so we decided to strap life vest on these little guys, and head out on the paddle boats to cool off. They did NOT want these life jackets on. It was hilarious.

But once we reminded them WHY we had the jackets on, they cheered up.....ALOT!!!

Here we are on the paddle boats. Karlee and I were extremely nervous putting Charlie and Boston on the boats. There were no seat belts in the back, and both Karlee and I had to be in the front to paddle. Charlie is a bit of a dare devil and usually once Charlie does something, Boston follows right along. They did pretty well though, until towards the end when Charlie gave us a little scare!!!! We also got the boys wet by going under the water that was shooting up in the air. They LOVED it.
(i'm a little embarrassed to share this picture, because it just shows how much heavier i am than karlee)

My mom and Kelli shared their own boat, but they were too chicken to go under the shooting water. OUR boat was WAY more fun. ;)

We had a fantastic day with everyone! It was so much fun! We topped it off by stopping by the Snow Cone Shack and getting us a snow cone!!! Yummm. Did I say I LOVE summer?!? Thanks mom for the very memorable day! Love you guys!!!!

1 comment:

Devony said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I can't believe they are all so big! We haven't seen you guys since Rylee was 15 months old! Thank goodness for blogs so we can keep up on your lives!