We arrived on Friday afternoon and then that evening we got a babysitter and went to eat with the Camps and the Schaacks to BJ's!! What a memorable dinner. I love BJ's!! AND Miss Cherise introduced us to a Pazookie that night. YUM-O! That is all I have to say!
Saturday: The morning of, Chad and Brady went to play basketball at the church while Cherise and I took the kiddos to Krispy Kreme to see how the donuts are made--oh, and to eat some, of course. =0 Then the hubby's took the kiddos to Going Bonkers while Cherise and I used our coupons that weekend to go shopping. Then we came home picked everyone up and went to Stonebriar mall (the girls favorite mall) and finished shopping. It was a long day! We came home, did the bedtime routine with the kids and stayed up to play card games with our dear friends.
Sunday: Went to church, saw old friends, and there were no head injuries this year! Yay! We then said good-bye to daddy, and sent him off to the airport to go home and make some money.
Monday: We had lunch, went to the park and then fed the ducks. Sophie started not feeling well and was under the weather until about Tuesday mid-morning. Luckily no one else got sick (until the end of the week).
We then came back to Cherises, invited Toria and Brianna over to frost some sugar cookies for the holiday. We couldn't find a clover cookie cutter for the life of us, so the kids just picked out whatever they wanted. We had a variety from airplanes, flowers, stars, and ghosts. BUT they did all have green frosting. That's all that matters, right? We ate dinner and then the girls left with the best friends to have a sleep over.
We came home exhausted!
Thursday: Whitni came over to take Charlie's pictures for me. It is extremely hard to take pictures of a 1 year old. They DO NOT hold still for anything. Thank you Whitni for taking the pictures. I can't wait to see them. AND an even BIGGER thank you to Cherise for putting the cake together and for entertaining the children during the process. You truly are amazing. Bless your heart! Once Whit left, Cherise and I were exhausted so we made an executive decision to not go anywhere that afternoon and just have quiet time! It was much needed. More for Cherise, so she could rest her feet from carrying 2 precious bebe's.
That evening Cherise had Brady set up Preston's Geo Trax downstairs. The girls had so much fun with it! These things are amazing. You can buy all these things separate and keep adding on to it them. It's awesome. Thanks Brady for putting it together.
Friday: Got ready and started playing with Geo Trax again. Charlie was amazing how everything was moving on its very own. Every time the plane would come by he would always try to catch it.
After the puppet show, we let the kids play in the play area (which is by far my fave), got some lunch, and shopped a little more.
After the mall, and since we were so close, we couldn't leave town without stopping here, of course.........
I want to end by saying sorry for those of you we missed. I'm sorry for those of you that were ill and I'm sad we missed the zoo trip with some of you as well. But I'm sure you had fun. We miss ya'll alot. We'll have to plan something when we come down again. And, Amy, I'm sorry the kids didn't get to say good-bye. Rylee was totally bawling because she didn't get to give Toria a hug.
Also, I want to give a huge THANK YOU to the Camps. Thank you for being such great hosts. You always do way more than you should to take care of all of us, and we are simple people. With Cherise being pregnant with her sweet twins and having to put up with all of us for the whole week, I was afraid we were going to put her into labor! =0We had so much fun staying up late, visiting, eating treats (which I'm sure we both regret), and just catching up. Although it was a crazy busy week, I'm glad we were able to be there and spend some time with ya'll. We miss being so close to you guys and hanging out and laughing. Thank you for all you did. We love ya'll so much.
6 comments:
It looks like you had such a fun week here! I'm sad we were out of town while you were here, but I'm glad we at least got to go to dinner with you. It was so fun to see you! Please come again soon so we can play with your kids too!
Wow you guys sure to like to keep things busy! How fun! Looks like there was great weather to enjoy also by all the short sleeve shirts and cute dresses. What a fun vacation!
You can seriously call me ANYTIME! ANd for the diet. I am actually doing Weight Watchers again. I did it a couple of years ago and lost 26 lbs. Then I stopped and have slowly gained about 10 of those back. So I decided to nip it in the bud before it got too bad again. I started about 3 weeks ago and have lost 6.6 lbs. Yay! BUt you can call me whenever, I can give you the scoop =)
Holy Cow!! You guys did a TON of things (I'm not surprised..you are always on the go! ;) Glad that you were able to go down and have a fabulous time!
What a fun week! I am just a little jealous, (ok maybe a lot jealous!) but I'm glad it was such a great time! And I should probably wait until I've been gone for longer than 3 months before I go back to visit, right? :)
Hey Kristin!! I was so excited to hear from you! I loved looking at your blog and seeing how big your kids are! You have even added a darling little boy! Your kids are so cute! I think the last I saw you, you were prego with Sophie...Its been awhile!! I had fun checking out all your blogs! I am now craving all sorts of things on your cooking and baking blogs! Your amazing! So where are you guys living?? So glad you found my blog! Now I can see how you guys are doing! OH...the birthdays you throw...so CUTE! Love them!! Take care!!!
Post a Comment