It's hard to believe that our little Chuck is already 1! Each day of this past year has been so wonderful and I have grown to love him more and more each day that he has been a part of our family. We are so grateful and blessed to have such a sweet little boy. We love you Charlie.
We had a little "private" party for Charlie today and then we had a party with some of his "friends" as well. It was alot of fun. I love throwing parties for babies. And this one was really exciting because it was for a boy this time--not a girl. So it was all new territory for me.
I wasn't going to show all these pictures, but I saw a re-accuring theme in each one.....when Charlie is concentrating on something he always sticks his tongue out. It's exactly what his father does as well. I think it's adorable. Here is a list of things Charlie loves right now:
- love how he says mama, ball, nana (no,no), gaga, and hopefully will be saying dada shortly
- love how he'll sit on my lap and listen to me read books for minutes. Favorite book--brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?
- love how he loves baths, but starts screaming if it's a bubble bath
- love how he lights up when he sees his sisters
- love how excited he gets when you tell him daddy is home. How he'll crawl to the front door and wait for his arrival
- love how he pulls every pan I own out of the cabinet when I'm fixing breakfast, lunch or dinner
- love how anything that is round he calls a ball
- love how he likes to climb stairs when no one is looking and then giggles and tries to climb faster when someone has spotted him
- love his endless appetite. The boy could eat ALL DAY LONG!
- love that he will just sit on my lap and cuddle with me (NEITHER of my girls did that ever!)
- LOVE his squishy-ness
- love how he loves his blue blanket
- love his cute binkey face
- love that he only still has 2 teeth on the bottom of his mouth
- love that he loves to be outside, go on walks, and swing on the swing
- love how much excitement he has for life and learning
- love how when you say, "where's your head?" he pats his head as hard as he can
- love when you say "where'd it go?" he puts his arms out with palms up as if to say "i don't know."
- loves being pushed around in laundry baskets, radio flyer, the girls baby doll strollers, etc. you name it
- loves to dump out all my clean laundry onto the floor and while he does it he has the biggest grin on his face and giggles
- love how he gives me open mouth slobbery kisses
Again we are so lucky to have such a wonderful little boy in our family. Boys are so much fun and I wouldn't change anything for the world. We love you Charlie!
Family Party:
Thank you to all of you who remembered his birthday via phone calls, cards, and gifts. We love you.Charlie's birthday party was so much fun. I think I had the theme planned since he was 6 months old. AND sad to say that I think I have the next 2-3 parties planned with themes as well. I know, I'm sick.
After we sang and blew out the candle, I handed the cake to Chad so he could start cutting it. Well, it didn't all quite make it to the kitchen. =)
Here are Charlie and Rylee enjoying one of the presents he received from his party.
And still enjoying the ball pit days later. What a big happy boy.

13 comments:
My dear daughter, you are should have gotten your degree in Recreational Management(big words for Party Planning 101)! What fun I'm sure Charlie had. He has gotten so big and the thing with the tongue...it IS just like his Daddy! Give him a hug and kiss from us.
I can't believe he is ONE already! He is so dang cute and my goodness are you the party thrower or what! I need to take a lesson from you. Happy Birthday Charlie, you are quite the handsome boy!!
love Love LOVE your parties!!!!
You are the queen...the master... the supreme party goddess. That cake was AWE.SOME.
Can't wait to see your next one...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!!!!!!!
Holy cow! He is already one?! I may have to get your advice for then next party I do. Your are great at it. Tell Charlie happy birthday from us and we can't wait to meet him in July. Seriously, I have the cutest nieces and nephew. Take care, we love you.
Kristin, when I read about your parties I just have to remember that I have other strengths because party planning is not one of mine! Charlie is adorable with that tongue. However, I am totally confused about one thing. IN one picture it looks like Rylie has short hair but I have seen other recent pics of her with long hair. It is driving me crazy! I know that sounds weird but is it long or short?
Happy Birthday Charlie! What a fun party. He looks so interested in all of his presents, so cute. I like all your party decor, way to go Kristin!! :)
OH MY!! I don't know if I honestly have any other words..he is ADORABLE and I can't believe he is 1!! What a great idea for a boy's party..I think you should start a completely separate blog about the parties you throw..so I can steal them all!! MISS YOU TONS!
Yea! Happy Birthday. Thanks for the cute pic of Crew! Whitney needs to get her blog going I miss seeing her kiddos.
Boston would KILL for that little car bike!! I think I'm going to have to make that purchase! I LOVE his tongue sticking out in all those pictures! It's hilarious! He has gotten SOOOO big, like seriously! Its like the past month he's grown 100 times what he was!! He love his little BUDDHA BELLY! That is an ADORABLE party and I'm VERY upset I couldn't be there! He looked like he had SOO much fun! He loves his mother! Like I always say, you gotta start your own business of party planning and invitations/announcement making. GET TO WORK! I wish I could blow up the pictures to see more detail but no luck! BUT I DO think it's HILARIOUS that chad dropped the cake! Poor little cake...did anyone get to have any?!
Oh Happy Birthday to him! And what an amazing job you did! That party looks absolutely AMAZING! Too much for me to handle! Love it!
What a fun party - you seriously have the cutest ideas, and the diligence to carry them out! Someday your kids will appreciate what an awesome mom you are, not that they don't, but you know what I mean. It's fun to keep up with your family!
love the girls helping Charlie with his presents! You're going to have to come help me plan my girls parties! Yours are way cooler!
What a cut little guy! Happy first! I love the birthday invitaion. Very cute!
Post a Comment