Tuesday, July 17, 2012

1 month old

Our little Lan Man turned 1 month old on October 19th.  We still love and adore this little guy.  We had a rough start at first, but we figured everything out and now he is healthy and growing.
Also, because I haven't posted anything about my labor and thereafter, I figured I should do it now, before my memory leaves and I no longer remember the details of this special day.  So, here it is...  You won't make me feel bad for not reading this novel, this is more for posterity sake. =)

My labor with him was scheduled (induction), I was MISERABLE and did NOT want to be pregnant for one minute longer than I had to be (partially due to the baby, and partially do to a running incident that caused my lower lady parts to torture me for the remainder of my pregnancy).  So my midwife took me a week early.  Thank goodness!

We got to the hospital at 9:30 am and the nurse got me prepped and ready to go.  I was TIRED, hungry, and thirsty...those ice chips just don't cut it.  My body was doing weird things and baby's heart rate kept dropping alot when I would get a contraction.  My epidural was PAINFUL this time.  It never really has been, but it was this time.  He had to re-poke me 3 TIMES!!!!  Each time I felt weird tingling feelings in my leg and he had to keep re-doing the dang thing.

Finally after hours, it was time to push!  Halleluhah!  I pushed for about 20 minutes and as the baby was coming, I heard Chad say in one of the sweetest, loving voices, "It's a boy!"  I looked up at him and saw how happy he was with tears streaming down his face.  I immediately started crying as well.  So exciting to finally be able to know who was moving around in my belly for 9 months.  Little Lan Man came out at 4:04 pm and weighed in at 8 lbs. 3 oz and was 19 inches long.

The hospital stay is by far my most favorite time after I have a baby.  I love being able to snuggle my baby's all by myself without having to have any responsibilities for a few days.  We love this little man and are hoping he will continue to eat and be healthy!

1 comment:

Karlee said...

okay I LOVE that picture of him! Totally precious and completely necessary for Halloween and being a month old! Welcome to the world Landry! You sure are ONE LOVED little boy!!!!!!!!!