Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fun Times With Mimi

We were so very lucky to have my mom come out and help when Landry was born, for a total of 2 weeks!!  She took the kids to and from school, made meals, did laundry, took them to the park, played outside, went on bike rides, did crafts, you name it.

My recovery took a little longer with Landry, unfortunately, and nursing him has been a HUGE trial this time around (story to come).

Here are some pictures I took from my mother's camera to help me document some of the fun things that the kids did while she was here (because I knew I wouldn't remember 80% of what happened those first few weeks).

Playing outside during the nice weather!  So fun!
+



Trying on daddy's cowboy hat



Spiderman moves

While my mom was here, we were dying to go to Nell Hills.  If any of you visit Kansas City, this is a MUST!!!  It's a FABULOUS home decor store---one of my faves, by far!!!  I told Chad that when we move, I'm flying back to Kansas, renting a UHAUL and stopping by Nell Hills for all my furniture and home decor!!  This place is truly that amazing!!!










Here is Charlie posing for Mimi one day after school.

Charlie LOVES his baths and was so excited to show my mom all of his "tricks" he does in the tub.

Charlie was feeling a little left out one day, so while the girls were at school, Chad got out Charlie's Geo Trax and built him a track.  He was so excited and we played for a good 2 hours.


Had no idea that Sophie was back here doing this one evening.  Chad came back and noticed that she had set up all of Charlie's army men and was playing so peacefully by herself.

 Outside collecting berries and leaves and pretending to have a picnic.

Mom was lucky enough to join us in our weekly soccer games.  We usually have 2 every single week.


I guess it has become a tradition each year when we pull out our Halloween decorations, for the kids to try on all of the old costumes.  This is one of their favorite things to do.  I don't know why Rylee is so upset in this picture.  If I had been caught up on my blog, I probably would have remembered...sorry about that.


1 comment:

Karlee said...

HOLY GEO TRAX!!! Now those are some tracks! That's awesome!! Charlie is one lucky boy! Reading this made me VERY sad that we don't live close. I really REALLY want to be close. Like neighbors?!? PLEASE!!! Miss you.