Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spring Breakin' 2011 (Part 2)

While we were in Cleveland, our sweet Kirkham friends took us to this fabulous market.  It was fun to go and see how many vendors there were and to get some fresh fruit and veggies.  Yummmm........

However, they also had meat vendors there as well (in another building).  Well, being 2 1/2 months pregnant you can probably guess how I was feeling as I was walking through this meat market........I'll leave that to your imagination. =)

But it was worth it in the end because we stopped by the candy shop on the way out and I saw that they sold SMARTY POPS!!!!  Oh my goodness, I.LOVE.THESE.  Totally brought back memories from my childhood.







After the market, the Kirkhams so kindly took us to see Kirtland.  We went to see the temple and stopped by to get a tour of the Newel K. Whitney store.  It was so fun to go in to the store and go through the log of all the purchases made.  Although I know that I have ancestors that lived during that time, it definitely made it more real to actually see Parley P. Pratt write his name in the log and to see the things that he had purchased while in Kirtland. 






On our way back to the Kirkams home, they took us by these amazing looking house that looks just like a castle.  The girls were in awe and told Chad and I that they want a house like that someday.  We'll see what we can do. ;)

No comments: