Monday, April 26, 2010

KA-CHOW!!!

Chad was out of town for Charlie's actual birthday, so we skyped and sang to Charlie via the web, so daddy could join in. Thank goodness for the internet.



Charlie has 3 loves in his life.....


  1. his mother

  2. lightning mcqueen

  3. dinosaurs

His list has grown since we've had this party, but that's for a later post. I have always wanted to throw a "Wild Thing" party for a little boy and so I was SO excited when Charlie's birthday rolled around. HOWEVER..... I was feeling a bit guilty, thinking I should probably throw him a party with a theme of something he obsesses over. And since lions and monkey's were not on the list, we decided to throw him a "CARS" party. AND HE LOVED IT! He kept saying, "Wook, uh-chow!" (look, ka-chow--lightning mcqueen).

My two loves from this party were 1.) friend taking pictures for me, so I could entertain and enjoy (thank you evans family) and 2.) not making the cake! What a stress relief that was.

My computer is a little messed up right now, so the pictures in this post are a little out of order, so bear with me.


Each party guest left with a Lightning McQueen plate and a Piston Cup trophy
The racing banner said "KA-CHOW"


We had 4 stations:


Luigi's Casa de la Tires--the kids tossed bean bags into the tires

Mator's Junk Yard--the kids tossing "tools" into Mator's mouth

Flo's Diner--where our food was served

Ramone's Body Art--where the kids each got a temporary tattoo


here is the invitation i made for the event:

The party was a big hit, and although I missed out on doing my "Wild Thing" party, I'm so glad that Charlie was able to have a party that he fully enjoyed!

Happy Birthday Chuckles!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kristin-
Are you for real? I totally look forward to your kids having birthdays so I can see what you come up with. You are one amazing mama!

Summer said...

I LOVE the party! So much fun! I'm sure it took FOREVER to plan! Love the details!