Thursday, October 28, 2010

And The Vacation Continues.......

Yes, I realize that I am way too far behind on my updating. I am trying. I feel like I'm running around in circles some days. I LOVE halloween, and I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I will be glad when it is over this year.
Now that I've finished my sob story, here are some more of our vacation pictures from our travels this past summer.....

DAY 4: Lounging



We wanted to make the most of our stay up in Midway, so Monday we just took the kids to the pool and let them swim. They had so much fun. We had done SO much driving around that we were all just ready to veg.

DAY 5: Happy Birthday Krew!!!



Tuesday, June 22 was my nephew's birthday. So we went down to Farmington and helped getting the final things put together for his partay!!! It was fun to throw this party. And I'm so glad that we were able to be there to help celebrate with this little man.



Here's the invitation I made:


Kari wanted a fajita buffet so the guests wouldn't be hungry when they arrived.


The Treat Table
Krew got pretty spoiled for his 1st birthday!!!

Enjoying some lemonade on a hot summer day

My sister with her cute family--husband Brandon and little Krew
Here is the happy birthday boy!! Don't you just love how teeny he is?!?

And the not-so-happy birthday boy. He wanted to be out playing with his cousins, however he had no idea what yummy thing he was about to put in his mouth! Yummy birthday cake. Once he saw his cake and had a taste, he was a happy boy the rest of the night!

Playing on the slides after the party in the amazingly cool Utah evening weather.

DAY 6: Saying good-bye to Midway

Eating our last breakfast in Midway. We had such a blast! What a peaceful place to be. It is so beautiful up there! Thank you Uncle Rick and Aunt Sherrie. We love you guys!



Papa gave the kids a ride out to the car. They loved every minute of it.



DAY 7: Fabulous Friends

The last day that we were in Utah we went to see some more of our very favorite friends. The Lord Family. Kristi and her kids used to live in Kansas and you couldn't keep our kids seperated for longer than a day. It was so good to see them. It felt just like old time. We sure do love and miss you guys.

Okay, so this is a picture of Garrin and Sophie. Garrin has had a crush on Sophie since he moved into our ward over 2 years ago. And Sophie has shown "her love" in return. Cutest thing.......

When we ordered our snowballs, Garrin stood by the window waiting and waiting and waiting for the guy to notice him, without taking ONE sip of nice cold snowball!!! He probably stood there for almost 5 minutes.

Finally the employee noticed Garrin and said, "Is there something I can help you with buddy?" To which Garrin responds, "Um, I'm actually going to need 2 straws, cause I'm gonna be sharing with her." (pointing to Sophie). So cute, huh?!


So they sat there sharing a snowball with eachother the entire time. I love it! I'm not sure why Rylee isn't in any of these pictures. I know she was there. You can see her baby, Ella, laying there on the bench wondering where her mommy is. Rylee has to take her baby everywhere now days. She can't leave the house without her.

Well our Utah trip is now over. Friday, June 25th, we loaded the car up and drove back to Kansas. My sister, Kari and her little guy Krew came with us! It was a long, but also enjoyable car ride back. Thank you Kari for making the treck with me all the way back to Kansas!!!!! Sorry, for not being more patient, hope you can forgive me. =) Love you!

2 comments:

Jennifer Long said...

I am so glad you visited the Lords. I miss you guys. We'll be back from Thanksgiving through the New Years. I'd love to get together while we're home. Talk soon!

Mom said...

Sweet memories even after all these months! Love looking at the pictures...yes it was a wonderful time together. Enjoyed the picture of Sophie and Garrin. They are such good pals :)