Today is our dear Sophie's birthday. For the last 2 weeks she has been counting down the days. And today when she woke up she came walking in as we all started singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She got this enormous grin on her face and was so happy that she was finally 5 just like the rest of her friends. AND it is only 9 am and so far the most popular phrase out of her mouth is, "I get to, because I'm the birthday girl!" It is so funny.
Words can't explain how blessed we are to have Sophie as a part of our family. She is one of the most loving, thoughtful, happy, spunky, charismatic, giving, and affectionate little girls I know. She is always reminding us to have prayer, she has a great love for learning, she still enjoys doing puzzles, she adores her big sister, and she is a fabulous big sister as well. One of my favorite things that I will always remember about Sophie is..... She will just come up to you at random times during the day, give me a kiss on the cheek and say, "I love you mom." (melt) She is always putting a smile on my face and making us laugh constantly. She has such a love for life! We love you, Sophie. Thank you for being a part of our family. We are so lucky to have you!
Words can't explain how blessed we are to have Sophie as a part of our family. She is one of the most loving, thoughtful, happy, spunky, charismatic, giving, and affectionate little girls I know. She is always reminding us to have prayer, she has a great love for learning, she still enjoys doing puzzles, she adores her big sister, and she is a fabulous big sister as well. One of my favorite things that I will always remember about Sophie is..... She will just come up to you at random times during the day, give me a kiss on the cheek and say, "I love you mom." (melt) She is always putting a smile on my face and making us laugh constantly. She has such a love for life! We love you, Sophie. Thank you for being a part of our family. We are so lucky to have you!
Here is Sophie as a newborn.
Here she is at 1.....

Here she is at 2.....
Here she is when she turned 3.....

And here she is on her 4th Birthday.....
And here is the birthday girl at the ripe ole' age of 5.....
We started the celebration by taking Sophie out for her Birthday Dinner. And of course, she chose Red Robin. Which is great when you go on Mondays. Not only do the kids get free milkshakes, but there is also a fabulous balloon artist there. So both the girls asked for fairy wings and a wand.
Charlie kept looking at all of Sophie's gifts and saying, "Wooow! Woooow!" He was, for some reason, very fascinated....
Thank you to all of you who sent gifts or called her on her special day. It really meant alot to her. We love ya'll.
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!
4 comments:
happy birthday sophie, she is darling! love the bw one of her as a babe.
you know soph, now that youre 5, its all down hill from here girl ;-) jk
LOVE me some Soph Soph! She is sweet, adorable and HILARIOUS!!!! Today when I asked her if she got a milkshake at red robin she responded, "I don't remember!" and then I asked if she got cake tonight and she said "I don't know!" HAHA! Love this girl! HAPPY 5th BDAY SOPHIE! I LOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!
P.S. Sorry I couldn't be there to make the day THAT much better!!! ;)
How are your kids so big? Remember when Rylee was teeny and we all lived in St. Louis? What happened? They are all so cute! When are you moving? Congrats Chad on the promotion! Good luck with the travel! We've been doing that a ton and it's tough!
happy birthday soph!!! sorry i'm so late! can't believe you are 5-- when did that happen?! everyone is sooo big and so stinking cute. its all moving too fast. ahhh! hope it was a great day:)
Post a Comment